• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Utter **********!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lance View Post
    how long do you think that will last?
    5 years I reckon. They just need a way to differentiate between electric use for travel and keeping warm.
    Per mile charging

Comment

how long do you think that will last?
      5 years I reckon. They just need a way to differentiate between electric use for travel and keeping warm.
      With my cynical hat on, perhaps that was the driver behind smart meters, but since Crapita are involved with that fiasco, I'd wager it'll be a lot longer than 5 years...
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Per mile charging
        In 2016 there were 324 billion miles travelled by car.
        Tax that at 10p per mile and you get over £32b revenue.

In 2014-2015 fuel duty raised £27b (and another £4b in VAT).

So there you go. 10p / mile as a baseline.
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

In 2016 there were 324 billion miles travelled by car. Tax that at 10p per mile and you get over £32b revenue. In 2014-2015 fuel duty raised £27b (and another £4b in VAT).
          So there you go. 10p / mile as a baseline.
          They will start taxing it via increase in compulsory motor insurance - very easy for them to do because make of car is known and declared travel miles also, just multiply it by rate (modified by car model) and it's done. Naturally cost of diesel/petrol won't go down!

Comment

They will start taxing it via increase in compulsory motor insurance - very easy for them to do because make of car is known and declared travel miles also, just multiply it by rate (modified by car model) and it's done. Naturally cost of diesel/petrol won't go down!
            They have been told to bring in taxing per mile travelled road pricing as then they don't have to collect VED.

Only thing is it will put more people on bikes.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              Only thing is it will put more people on bikes.
              I am soon going to start my bike training

Comment

I am soon going to start my bike training
                https://www.rotwild.com/bikes-stuff/.../rotwild-gt-s/
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Sounds like that would cost more than is car.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

mudskipper got no chance now

Comment

already got my bike

Comment

Working...
                      X