• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Musicians

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Musicians

we've had a biker thread, and there seems to be more than one musician here, so how about this?
    here's a video of a young friend in NL playing two instruments at once.
    https://www.facebook.com/jokebuis/vi...3792835049845/

i don't know why that stays as a link.
    **** this web stuff

Comment

Our resident musician Cliphead disappeared some time ago. I can only assume there have been sexual revelations from the 1960s which is why he’s laying low
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

This chap sounds like yer man

Originally posted by Martin Scroatman View Post
        I've previously posted about my involvement in Cut Double but I was wondering if anyone here is/has been in a band & has any tales to tell of their time on the road?

One of my most memorable nights (though, for all the wrong reason - it was a very sad night) was a gig we did at Somerset College of Arts and Technology down in Taunton back in '88.

As mentioned, we were forced to give up on the harmonium and badly needed a new gimmick and it was our drummer who came up with the perfect solution.

A grandfather clock!

Yes, we actually managed to incorporate a grandfather clock into our act and it was such a great gimmick that we changed our name.

We were now known as Timepiece.

At first, the clock just featured at the start of the show - we would walk on stage while our guitarist played a heavy metal version of the News At Ten & then the clock would chime before we launched into our first number.

But later the clock became a fully integrated member of the band - he even had a name; we called him Chad. We wired him up with flashing lights and hooked him up to a controller that would allow our guitarist to go over to Chad and play little phrases to him and Chad would respond by chiming back at him with his neon lights flashing like mad.

Anyway, it all ended that particular night when we were backstage huddled round a portable TV watching Bilko before we came back on stage to do our encore.

We were alerted by a sickening crashing sound accompanied by a metallic ringing as Chad hit the bottom of the lift shaft after having been carried off stage by some impatient students.

And that was the end of poor old Chad.

And that was the end of Timepiece too (but we were still better than Roachford ).

Comment

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
          This chap sounds like yer man
          He's the only person you've ever slept with.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            Our resident musician Cliphead disappeared some time ago. I can only assume there have been sexual revelations from the 1960s which is why he’s laying low
            I did like the clip of him on TOTP. Was it Jimmy Saville that introduced him?

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              He's the only person you've ever slept with.
              Who, Roachford?

Comment

Working...
              X