Choosing A Charity Conumdrum Choosing A Charity Conumdrum - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Posts 41 to 43 of 43

Godlike

Paddy is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by kaiser78 View Post
    I am taking part in a charity event next summer and want to choose a charity to represent. Normally I opt for a local cancer charity, however this year I want to do something different.

I have given myself a choice of 1 of 3 charity types, all relating to children;
    - children with cancer
    - anti bullying
    - homeless children

Really hard deciding which one to go for and I don't think I can choose more than one of them. I'm leaning towards children with cancer, but such a tough choice as I then feel guilty about the ones I have not chosen.

Other than gut feel I am not sure how I can decide which one to go for. Either way hoping to raise as much as I can for these good causes.
    The Great Charity Scandal: What Really Happens to the Billions We Give to Good Causes?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...SIN=1849012865
    Brexiteers remind me of religious fanatics, only faith, no facts.

Super poster

kaiser78 is NOT a disguised employee

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
    The Great Charity Scandal: What Really Happens to the Billions We Give to Good Causes?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...SIN=1849012865
    Yes, charities don't spend money wisely, don't work together when a major incident such as a hurricane happens and pay big salaries to CEs and senior staff. That's why local charities are preferable, as in most cases they use their funds more efficiently.

More time posting than coding

hugebrain is too good to be a permie

Quote Originally Posted by SueEllen View Post
    This is what Shelter actually does - linky

This is what Oxfam does - linky I'm sure you can find if you hunt for it how much goes on admin vs helping people for Oxfam

This is what St Mungos does - linky

This is what the Julian Trust (homeless charity Bristol does) linky

Point I'm making instead of saying x charity doesn't do much because you don't know Google and you will find information whether the charity is international, national or local.
    But you have to read between the lines a bit.

Basically, like I said, shelter help but to letters scam money from the government.

Mungo's help ultra rich housing association kleptocrats scam money from the government.

Oxfam help the poor and hungry.

Julian trust help the homeless.

Is this right? I didn't read the whole things.