• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Train Etiquette

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Train Etiquette

See office Etiquette

Originally posted by mall View Post
    See office Etiquette
    Did Gricer have his ticket out ready for inspection?

Comment

Originally posted by mall View Post
      See office Etiquette
      Did someone take a crap on your table?
      "why ride a vespa when you can push a lambretta?"

As I look ahead, I am filled with foreboding; like the Roman, I seem to see "the River Tiber foaming with much blood."

Comment

FTFY

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
        Did Gricer have his bell end out ready for inspection?
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Had an early finish coming back from London once - I was ten minutes early for the empty train sat patiently in the station. The entire and I mean entire carriage of seats was empty, I was the only one in there and i was sat on the inside seat of a table, trying to be polite. Of the entire carriage, a bloke comes and sits down next to me. For god only knows what reason.

Being the polite and courteous person I am, I assume he must be bored and forgotten his headphones, so offer up some conversation. I get a couple of half grunted answers and then he proceeds to put his headphones on!?

I ended up moving to the table 2 rows down and enjoyed a very pleasant and otherwise uninterrupted journey. But serious wtf was wrong with that guy!?

Comment

Originally posted by Major Hassle View Post
            Did someone take a crap on your table?
            The state of some of the trains.

Comment

Originally posted by mattfx View Post
              Had an early finish coming back from London once - I was ten minutes early for the empty train sat patiently in the station. The entire and I mean entire carriage of seats was empty, I was the only one in there and i was sat on the inside seat of a table, trying to be polite. Of the entire carriage, a bloke comes and sits down next to me. For god only knows what reason.

Being the polite and courteous person I am, I assume he must be bored and forgotten his headphones, so offer up some conversation. I get a couple of half grunted answers and then he proceeds to put his headphones on!?

I ended up moving to the table 2 rows down and enjoyed a very pleasant and otherwise uninterrupted journey. But serious wtf was wrong with that guy!?
              I was travelling back from London once in a seat I had reserved, I popped to the toilet and when I returned I saw that some young upstart was sitting in my seat when the entire carriage was empty. I sat next to him in the hope he might get the hint and move yet he had the audacity to ask me how it was going! I put my headphones in and he soon got the message and moved 2 rows down. Some people...
              You can lead a fool to wisdom but you can't make him think.

Comment

Amiga500? That's an idea, I should change my user name to ZX81. It would appropriate in so many ways.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                  Amiga500? That's an idea, I should change my user name to ZX81. It would appropriate in so many ways.
                  Yeah, do it man! The speccy was ace. I like your bloggoth, by the way.
                  You can lead a fool to wisdom but you can't make him think.

Comment

Originally posted by Amiga500 View Post
                    I was travelling back from London once in a seat I had reserved, I popped to the toilet and when I returned I saw that some young upstart was sitting in my seat when the entire carriage was empty. I sat next to him in the hope he might get the hint and move yet he had the audacity to ask me how it was going! I put my headphones in and he soon got the message and moved 2 rows down. Some people...
                    Oh no! Maybe it was actually me that was in the wrong! I don't think so though, certainly didn't spot a ticket sticking out from the seat or one of those fancy cape things they put on them. Hmmmm. Food for thought.

Comment

Working...
                    X