• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Debt Recovery

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Debt Recovery

I need immediately to freeze the bank account of a limited company to prevent them from emptying
    the account. I have a CCJ again them and they are overdue. The accounts show they won't have enough money or assets to pay up.

Has anyone experience in this? I presume I need to get an injunction.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    I need immediately to freeze the bank account of a limited company to prevent them from emptying
    the account. I have a CCJ again them and they are overdue. The accounts show they won't have enough money or assets to pay up.

Send MF round. Or phone safe collections.

Comment

you need to issue a winding order.
      I don't how to do it but I know that's what you do.
      You cannot directly freeze the bank account as it's not yours but if you start the winding process against the company the bank will freeze it.
      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Get 3rd party debt order against their bank account - the bank will take their money and send to you, worked well for me with ex-landlady from hell

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
          you need to issue a winding order.
          I don't how to do it but I know that's what you do.
          You cannot directly freeze the bank account as it's not yours but if you start the winding process against the company the bank will freeze it.
          Just been reading up. An injunction for freezing comes first, then a winding up order.

It seems I can obtain an emergency injunction.

Update... nexy I need to find out if it is County Court or High Court, I have a feeling it is HC.
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Don't forget to give Safe Collections a bell as well. Professional advice could be the difference between something and nothing... although looking at what you've just said I'd have my money on nothing unfortunately..
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Can't Pay We'll Take It Away !

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                Get 3rd party debt order against their bank account - the bank will take their money and send to you, worked well for me with ex-landlady from hell
                Thanks, this seems to be the right one having just spoken with a friendly enforcement officer at the County Court

Comment

Thanks, this seems to be the right one having just spoken with a friendly enforcement officer at the County Court
                  My invoice is in the post...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    My invoice is in the post...
                    Follow it up sharp-ish with a 3rd party debt order. Sounds like he's in trouble.

Comment

Working...
                    X