• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Minimum Pricing in Scotland

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    All can make you blind - leading to greater cost to us.
    Methanol can kill too...

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
      The main problem is these guys want to get completely fecked up.

They will all switch to something else that does this "job".

A good example of this is the US's current Heroin problem.
      It's all about moving the bell curve, so that the peak moves away from heavy drinking towards tee-totallism. The idea is that if you can shift the peak, then you'll move people out of the "at risk" band, and so overall you'll have fewer alkies.

Whether there's any good science behind this, I've not a clue!
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        It's all about moving the bell curve, so that the peak moves away from heavy drinking towards tee-totallism. The idea is that if you can shift the peak, then you'll move people out of the "at risk" band, and so overall you'll have fewer alkies.

Whether there's any good science behind this, I've not a clue!
        There isn't.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Albert View Post
          Plan B anyone? Open a huge offie just over the border.
          When I worked in Donegal (north west Republic of Ireland) I bought all my booze over the border in Tescos Strabane.

The Berwick superstore must be planning a warehouse extension at the moment...

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
            When I worked in Donegal (north west Republic of Ireland) I bought all my booze over the border in Tescos Strabane. The Berwick superstore must be planning a warehouse extension at the moment...
            Yeah, that will be easy with Hard Brexit and Very Hard border

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
              The main problem is these guys want to get completely fecked up.

They will all switch to something else that does this "job".

A good example of this is the US's current Heroin problem.
              These guys? you mean scots?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                Yeah, that will be easy with Hard Brexit and Very Hard border
                i see your geographical knowledge is as good as ever

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                  These guys? you mean scots?
                  He means Scots.

However he should really be talking about alcoholics who live in Scotland.

Alcoholics will still drink regardless of the price of alcohol

There is already a problem in the UK with fake alcohol, which is basically methanol, and with minimum pricing this problem will get bigger.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Folks here in Bavaria appear to drink responsibly, whether in the pub or on the train, never see a fight for the life of me. I don't get it. The last time I saw a fight break out here in Munich was a couple of guys with northern English accents. Australians get a bit rowdy n all as do some Eastern Europeans come to think of it.
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                      He means Scots.

However he should really be talking about alcoholics who live in Scotland.

Alcoholics will still drink regardless of the price of alcohol

There is already a problem in the UK with fake alcohol, which is basically methanol, and with minimum pricing this problem will get bigger.
                      He means all scots are destructive alcoholics.
                      a bit rich, coming from a russian.

Comment

Working...
                      X