• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Time for a new political party?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time for a new political party?

Seems to me that neither party has any interest in helping the workers anymore. The latest rhetoric from number 10 about supporting the tech sector had me foaming at the mouth and as for the Civil service dont get me started.

It seems to me that there is a need for a proper technocratic party that transcends left or right wing and focuses on rebuilding the damage that the last 100 years has caused.

Thoughts for a manifesto ?

The idea was mooted a few days ago...
    http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...ml#post2495223
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
      Seems to me that neither party has any interest in helping the workers anymore. The latest rhetoric from number 10 about supporting the tech sector had me foaming at the mouth and as for the Civil service dont get me started.

It seems to me that there is a need for a proper technocratic party that transcends left or right wing and focuses on rebuilding the damage that the last 100 years has caused.

Thoughts for a manifesto ?
      We're contractors not workers so I don't care

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
        Do you mean contractor or slowly boiling frog?

Comment

I do try to avoid doing any work, but it's not always helpful to present myself in such a manner.

Comment

Do you mean contractor or slowly boiling frog?
            I'm not French

Comment

I'm not French
              Never mind I'm sure most of the audience got the point even if you missed it...

The problem you have is you are not equating yourself the way they see you. If you don't start to understand it fast you will be ****ed before you even see it coming... Or perhaps you are happy with the massive hike in dividend taxes and IR35 etc...

Comment

Never mind I'm sure most of the audience got the point even if you missed it...

The problem you have is you are not equating yourself the way they see you. If you don't start to understand it fast you will be ****ed before you even see it coming... Or perhaps you are happy with the massive hike in dividend taxes and IR35 etc...
                workers are usually not worried about IR35 or dividend taxes, they would probably strongly support it

Comment

workers are usually not worried about IR35 or dividend taxes, they would probably strongly support it
                  Contract workers are.

Comment

Ok Im guessing you are not very good at joining up the dots and I am making a huge assumption that you see things the way I do. Thats wrong so let me try and help fill the picture in a bit...

I am currently looking at Robotic Process Automation. It will have the power to send a small team of two maybe three guys to spend a month looking at your business picking some really easy stuff and automating the crap out of it to prove the point. From that point on the leadership get the cheque book out and the team just carries on munching through the tasks to clear up the business processes one after the other and at the end of the project, a bunch of virtual desktops can scale up or down to do a job as the demand increases or decreases...

All you need is a nice front end app for customers. All the digital transformation can stop and you don't need to replace old crappy systems because the robots don't care about UX.

While the nice PR guys are saying Ooh look we can free up your guys to do more interesting things the people buying the software are actively asking how many humans can I make redundant and how soon? If you look at how cloud has removed the legacy jobs, its going to be a blood bath when the business teams get hit. Pretty soon the only work that is going to be available is going to be Zero Hours on demand to fill the remaining wetware tasks.

We need some very radical thinking and fast otherwise this is going to make offshoring work look tame and likeable. And the part that shows how broken the Conservative party is, is that they think we need more offshore workers to lead a digital revolution.

#HOODWINKED !

Comment

Working...
                    X