• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My Diet

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by filthy1980 View Post
    not lifting a finger

doing zero exercise other than a few squats and push up sets at home

that's the next routine I need to get into
    I'd get on it ASAP otherwise you'll burn as much muscle as fat, you want to trick the body into burning just fat as it can't burn and grow muscle at the same time. Are you doing 'lean gains'?

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
    Ah, the barbell rack - constant source of joy!

I have sorted out my lower back so I can hit the compounds again (it has been playing up badly since last November). Currently my push press pb is higher than my backsquat ... which just feels wrong ...
    I hate squats - really hate them... And deadlifts. Luckily Mrs Jog is a pilates teacher and I do her class once a week otherwise I would have destroyed my back by now.
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Do you lift JogOn? If so where are your main lifts at?

I've been doing starting strength for a while now. I'll squat 120kg tomorrow ( I weigh 110kg) which seems like a bit of a milestone, putting 2 big 25kg plates on each end. Deadlift was 135kg, but I de-loaded to 125 because I felt my form wasn't right.

Comment

Originally posted by FrontEnder View Post

I've been doing starting strength for a while now. I'll squat 120kg tomorrow ( I weigh 110kg) which seems like a bit of a milestone, putting 2 big 25kg plates on each end. Deadlift was 135kg, but I de-loaded to 125 because I felt my form wasn't right.
        At 80 KG now I'm doing:

Squat - 80KG
        Deadlift - 95KG
        Flat bench - 75KG

That's on calorie deficit of 20-25%. I'm soon going to have a week of much lighter lifts to get my form right, also got some sessions booked with a PT just to be sure. I do Romanian deadlifts and bent over rows as well which are potential back killers if done wrong.
        "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Nice. I need to cut some fat, but want to make the most of linear progression/newbie gains, so I haven't been too strict with diet. Stayed a consistent weight, but put on a pound or 2 recently.

I need to see a PT too to check on my form. I also can't bench press. I keep getting a pain in my left shoulder which I'm pretty sure is impingement. Gave up on benching after hurting it and then having to stop upper body lifts until the pain goes away a couple of times. Upper body is way behind as a result, I do OH press (string, no knee drive) every workout now and that's up to 47.5kg.

Comment

Originally posted by FrontEnder View Post

Starting Strength is a great program and those are good numbers . Good call on dropping the weight on the deadlift if you felt your form starting to go.
            "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
              Starting Strength is a great program and those are good numbers . Good call on dropping the weight on the deadlift if you felt your form starting to go.
              Yeah, I was doing stronglifts 5x5 before that, but after looking into it, starting strength is really THE beginner programme. Been doing power cleans for a few weeks now, they're a lot of fun, but exhausting at the same time. I really want to start doing chin-ups but I'm too fat and my upper body strength just isn't there yet.

Comment

I can't say I'm impressed with diets that have you skipping food until noon.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

My missus bought me a Fitbit. Apparently it measures heart rate and decides how much excercise you are getting based on that.

For some reason it thinks me using a Motorbike for my commute burns as much energy as walking up about 160 flights of stairs... No wonder I'm knackered...

It means I've lost a couple of kilo's though.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    I can't say I'm impressed with diets that have you skipping food until noon.
                    Neither am I as I get hungry in the morning and also frequently exercise in the morning.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Lost It View Post
                      My missus bought me a Fitbit. Apparently it measures heart rate and decides how much excercise you are getting based on that.
                      That's bollocks as heart rate is partially genetically determined. I have a lower heart rate than lots of my mates regardless of the times I'm fitter than them or not. In other words I have a lower resting heart rate but lower maximum heart rate.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X