• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My Diet

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Neither am I as I get hungry in the morning and also frequently exercise in the morning.
    I exercise while hungry in the morning now and don't have anything to eat until after. Not going full intermittent fasting but will if necessary next cut. I will see my abs dammit - can see the side ones and get into Tailor fit shirts now but the last little bit of belly is very stubborn and will probably require intermittent fasting + fasted training come April.
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
      I exercise while hungry in the morning now and don't have anything to eat until after.
      I tend to eat after exercising.

In the past I have pushed myself until I've thrown up so it is safer to eat afterwards. Plus if I'm doing a 6.30am class feck if I'm going to get up in time to eat first.

Also there was some research - which I thought it was quite bad - that stated men did better eating after exercise, but it was the other way round for women.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I tend to eat after exercising.

In the past I have pushed myself until I've thrown up so it is safer to eat afterwards. Plus if I'm doing a 6.30am class feck if I'm going to get up in time to eat first.

Also there was some research - which I thought it was quite bad - that stated men did better eating after exercise, but it was the other way round for women.
        This - I go to the gym at 6-7 now as I've given up going after work as Southern rail always find a way to shaft me on the way home so I never get long enough in the gym. So I'm not getting up at 5 just to have breakfast...

Leangains is the IF programme people are raving about, seems to have lots of satisfied users. Will give it a look
        "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Exercise tends to act as an appetite suppressant for me. I believe I tend towards hypoglycaemia so it might in fact be that exercise releases chemicals which counter that?
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            Exercise tends to act as an appetite suppressant for me. I believe I tend towards hypoglycaemia so it might in fact be that exercise releases chemicals which counter that?
            After weights/resistance training I get hungry after intervals/cardio I'm not.

However after the latter if I don't eat I get light headed and/or very cold so I eat anyway.

Oh and the hormone responsible is gherlin that gets suppressed with certain exercises.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

If I do any amount of sustained cardio I want to eat like a horse for days - interval training doesn't get me quite so bad which is strange.

Comment

That's bollocks as heart rate is partially genetically determined. I have a lower heart rate than lots of my mates regardless of the times I'm fitter than them or not. In other words I have a lower resting heart rate but lower maximum heart rate.
                Hmmm. I'm 61, have a resting heart rate of 52, a "full on" rate of 178, a BP of 110/70, and apparently the way it works is that it takes some level between your resting and max rate and decides that you must be douing excercise. So you are probably right.

Comment

Working...
                X