• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

2018 uk governmentsyear of the engineer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    I don't think they're engineers or technicians, just a bunch of charlatans. I've seen loads of films about them on the internet, and the washing machine never gets fixed.
    Indeed - but the plumber always responds straight away to the call - which is another unrealistic expectation for the kids.

Comment

The kids will learn to say 'The washing machine is broken and the mrs hasn't got a stitch to wear - i'm taking her clothes to the laundry, can you come urgently'....

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        I was taking the p*ss.

When I need to sort out my boiler I phone up a call centre and delibrately correct the person on the other end of the phone when they say engineer.

The person - yes person as a woman has turned up before - who fixes and services my boiler is either a plumber, builder or technician. Most are the former two.

However the person who fixes my washing machine is definitely a technician.

I was winding you up the handbags at the end should have been a clue.

Having a woman service your boiler...that a euphemism I've not heard before 🤣

Comment

Working...
        X