• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Applied for audience member place on question time

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

£145,000 expenses for Diane Abbott in her last financial year - wow. I only just looked at that properly and am gobsmacked*

*actually i'm not - one rule for them and all that.

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
      I have applied for a place on next weeks question time (1 day after budget) in Colchester with Dianne Abbott as panelist. I need to need armed with 2 questions . Any suggestions on phrasing of a question 're IR35 Reforms?
      My Mrs. was on it the other week.

Unfortunately the panelists were really poor, including some corbynist ****** writer from the Guardian.

So, she couldn't ask a contractor related question as there was no one useful there to attack

We had a couple of potential crackers already lined up, a real shame
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Question 1
        Does she lick the chutney spoon before putting it back

Question 2
        Who is her favourite gladiator

Question 3 if you have time
        Can she bleed a radiator.

IMO you'd be better off asking us which word we would like you to slip in to your questions. I would like you to use the word 'moist' at least once.
        She's the quintessential corporate pole choker so if you get pole choker into a question that would suffice for me.

Comment

I'd ask if it was 'fair' that HMRC are using their PR budget to sway the public into thinking that freelancers are tax 'avoiders', when in actual fact they have always followed HRMC rules to letter (assuming that they have asked their accountant), even when they are draconian.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
            My Mrs. was on it the other week.

Unfortunately the panelists were really poor, including some corbynist ****** writer from the Guardian.

So, she couldn't ask a contractor related question as there was no one useful there to attack

We had a couple of potential crackers already lined up, a real shame
            So share them for OP to use?

Comment

Originally posted by pr1 View Post
              So share them for OP to use?
              They used examples personal to her, so unless the OP has had the same experiences, particularly at one time working full time for Crapita , prior to contracting, they wouldn't be relevant.

We decided if you were too general with the contractor questions they could easily be shot down, or a standard text book response would be provided.
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by mattfx View Post
                £145,000 expenses for Diane Abbott in her last financial year - wow. I only just looked at that properly and am gobsmacked*

*actually i'm not - one rule for them and all that.
                where is that number from?

MPs' Expenses | Find out what your UK member of parliament has claimed for at MPsExpenses.info says 25k

Comment

Accounting year 2015-2016 - and that was just the staffing costs.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark
                    What would FLC say?
                    Nothing. He'd be donning his Hugo Boss and jumping in his Rangey down to the venue immediately. Also, his trap would be full of sausage roll.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                      Nothing. He'd be donning his Hugo Boss and jumping in his Rangey down to the venue immediately. Also, his trap would be full of sausage roll.
                      True, but there would be a family bucket of Kentucky riding along with him.
                      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                      X