• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Applied for audience member place on question time

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Applied for audience member place on question time

I have applied for a place on next weeks question time (1 day after budget) in Colchester with Dianne Abbott as panelist. I need to need armed with 2 questions . Any suggestions on phrasing of a question 're IR35 Reforms?

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
    I have applied for a place on next weeks question time (1 day after budget) in Colchester with Dianne Abbott as panelist. I need to need armed with 2 questions . Any suggestions on phrasing of a question 're IR35 Reforms?
    One suggestion: don't say IR35, no one will know what that means.

Comment

If "Have you asked your accountant" doesn't come up then you're a disgrace to the forum. For the other question i'd ask her who ate all the pies.

Seriously, all that she'll do is bat her eyelids in that stupid manner I think is actually a starter motor for her gob, then tell you that Jeremy has been very clear that we must all pay our fair tax, avoiding tax is immoral and the tories are a pack of bastards for privatising the NHS. Cue loud applause and you getting daggers from some knitted cardigan types sat next to you.

Good luck!

Comment

Why not ask her what Labour would do to help those in the flexible economy, that are happy to be part of a flexible workforce, e.g. IT contractors - given the disastrous changes targeting the private sector reform roll-out? (You could add a side-note that the conservatives should be leaving private sector to 'market forces' as they are fond of saying on other topics).

If she, as expected carps on about fair tax - ask for a right to reply and say;
        IT Contractors do pay their fair share of tax, given the risks and nature of contracting if you actually look into it.

Then, I'd suggest asking her if she's feeling alright and can she confirm she has at least some certification in Maths

Remember to iron your shirt and good luck
        Originally posted by Old Greg
        I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
        ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

The BBC has rejected your application
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

When he announced changes to flexible workers and taxation, the Chancellor talked of "levelling the playing field" between public and private sector [check his exact words]. Does the panel think that levelling the playing field by increasing red tape and costs to businesses was the sensible way to level it, or should he have reversed the public sector changes that have introduced chaos, delays and uncertainty in the NHS and public sector transport?
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Well I will be on the panel, so ask me what my favourite colour is
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Question 1
                Does she lick the chutney spoon before putting it back

Question 2
                Who is her favourite gladiator

Question 3 if you have time
                Can she bleed a radiator.

IMO you'd be better off asking us which word we would like you to slip in to your questions. I would like you to use the word 'moist' at least once.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

"Can I assume that once the changes to taxation of the flexible workforce have been bought in Ms Abbot, you too will not be claiming any more than 5% of your salary for expenses?"

I think we can see from this graph that will not be the case:

MPs' Expenses | Find out what your UK member of parliament has claimed for at MPsExpenses.info

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    Well I will be on the panel, so ask me what my favourite colour is
                    Are you Diane Abbot?

Comment

Working...
                    X