Applied for audience member place on question time Applied for audience member place on question time
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 26

Contractor Among Contractors

Yorkie62 is NOT a disguised employee

Default Applied for audience member place on question time

I have applied for a place on next weeks question time (1 day after budget) in Colchester with Dianne Abbott as panelist. I need to need armed with 2 questions . Any suggestions on phrasing of a question 're IR35 Reforms?

Ducklike

Platypus is NOT a disguised employee

Quote Originally Posted by Yorkie62 View Post
    I have applied for a place on next weeks question time (1 day after budget) in Colchester with Dianne Abbott as panelist. I need to need armed with 2 questions . Any suggestions on phrasing of a question 're IR35 Reforms?
    One suggestion: don't say IR35, no one will know what that means.

Godlike

barrydidit is a fount of knowledge

If "Have you asked your accountant" doesn't come up then you're a disgrace to the forum. For the other question i'd ask her who ate all the pies.

Seriously, all that she'll do is bat her eyelids in that stupid manner I think is actually a starter motor for her gob, then tell you that Jeremy has been very clear that we must all pay our fair tax, avoiding tax is immoral and the tories are a pack of bastards for privatising the NHS. Cue loud applause and you getting daggers from some knitted cardigan types sat next to you.

Good luck!

Contractor Among Contractors

Bean 's job has never been outsourced

Why not ask her what Labour would do to help those in the flexible economy, that are happy to be part of a flexible workforce, e.g. IT contractors - given the disastrous changes targeting the private sector reform roll-out? (You could add a side-note that the conservatives should be leaving private sector to 'market forces' as they are fond of saying on other topics).

If she, as expected carps on about fair tax - ask for a right to reply and say;
    IT Contractors do pay their fair share of tax, given the risks and nature of contracting if you actually look into it.

Then, I'd suggest asking her if she's feeling alright and can she confirm she has at least some certification in Maths

Remember to iron your shirt and good luck
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg
    I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
    ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Godlike

Paddy is a fount of knowledge

The BBC has rejected your application
    Brexiteers remind me of religious fanatics, only faith, no facts.

Faqqed Off

TheFaQQer is a fount of knowledge

When he announced changes to flexible workers and taxation, the Chancellor talked of "levelling the playing field" between public and private sector [check his exact words]. Does the panel think that levelling the playing field by increasing red tape and costs to businesses was the sensible way to level it, or should he have reversed the public sector changes that have introduced chaos, delays and uncertainty in the NHS and public sector transport?
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

My post count is Majestic

MarillionFan is a fount of knowledge

Well I will be on the panel, so ask me what my favourite colour is
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

My post count is Majestic

northernladuk is always on top

Question 1
    Does she lick the chutney spoon before putting it back

Question 2
    Who is her favourite gladiator

Question 3 if you have time
    Can she bleed a radiator.

IMO you'd be better off asking us which word we would like you to slip in to your questions. I would like you to use the word 'moist' at least once.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Fingers like lightning

mattfx is NOT a disguised employee

"Can I assume that once the changes to taxation of the flexible workforce have been bought in Ms Abbot, you too will not be claiming any more than 5% of your salary for expenses?"

I think we can see from this graph that will not be the case:

MPs' Expenses | Find out what your UK member of parliament has claimed for at MPsExpenses.info

Super poster

SlipTheJab is NOT a disguised employee

Quote Originally Posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Well I will be on the panel, so ask me what my favourite colour is
    Are you Diane Abbot?