• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Be very wary of accepting tenants on universal credit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    "Be very wary" does not mean the same as "do not". "Be very wary" means "go ahead and do it if you wish, but at your own risk and don't say I didn't warn you."
    That said, I wouldn't rent to anyone on benefits, mainly because they don't care about their credit rating, whereas private tenants do care, very much, so they'll be less inclined to sit tight and wait for the courts to do their thing.
    I'm glad some people have reading comprehension skills above those of an 11 year old.

Most people's reading comprehension skills in the UK are around 9.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

So you blame your parents for your behaviour?
      I tell you, if my father had an account on here, and started spouting some of his stuff, he'd be banned ten times in five minutes

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        I'm glad some people have reading comprehension skills above those of an 11 year old.

Most people's reading comprehension skills in the UK are around 9.
        Yet you are still happy to state:

"go ahead and do it if you wish, but at your own risk and don't say I didn't warn you, of accepting tenants on universal credit"

and fail to comprehend that the end result of your statement will be more people being homeless which clearly you object to

So you rather more people where homeless?
        My point was that you are

1) telling people that its a risk to accept tenants on housing benefit

2) but yet dislike the fact that be wary may result in people said people on universal credit end up being homeless as everyone is too wary to accept them...

In small words as clearly your comprehension skills are better than your logical thought ones...
        Last edited by eek; 19 November 2017, 11:13.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          Yet you are still happy to state:

"go ahead and do it if you wish, but at your own risk and don't say I didn't warn you, of accepting tenants on universal credit"

and fail to comprehend that the end result of your statement will be more people being homeless which clearly you object to

My point was that you are

1) telling people that its a risk to accept tenants on housing benefit

2) but yet dislike the fact that be wary may result in people said people on universal credit end up being homeless as everyone is too wary to accept them...

In small words as clearly your comprehension skills are better than your logical thought ones...
          That's because everything in your world view is black and white.

There are good reasons why landlords who won't take on tenants on benefits will rent a property to one particular person on benefits but you clearly haven't met anyone like that.

You also don't seem to notice that PurpleGorilla has a history of slamming landlords regardless of what the actual topic is about even though he lives in a house with a mortgage.

Comment

That's because everything in your world view is black and white.

There are good reasons why landlords who won't take on tenants on benefits will rent a property to one particular person on benefits but you clearly haven't met anyone like that.

You also don't seem to notice that PurpleGorilla has a history of slamming landlords regardless of what the actual topic is about even though he lives in a house with a mortgage.
            Actually my dislike is woolly thinking and an inability to reach the logical end consequence of a suggestion. Everything you've posted is trying to circumnavigate yourself away from the logical end point of your initial statement...
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              Actually my dislike is woolly thinking and an inability to reach the logical end consequence of a suggestion. Everything you've posted is trying to circumnavigate yourself away from the logical end point of your initial statement...
              In your world view.

Comment

Working...
              X