• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boundary dispute

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bring it up in a friendly chat.

Had similar with my neighbour and we agreed where to build based on what looked and worked best.

He may turn out to be a ****** but at least you tried.

Comment

Come, on get the lawers on the fecker!

£750K in legal fees and 5 years later, and that 4 inch strip of land is yours!

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Is there away of going across his drive even with his car there to get into your space?

Point is see if there are other alternatives you think you could both work with rather than argue about strips of land.

You will have to live next to him for years.
        More importantly, you now have to disclose any such territorial disputes, so when you come to sell you might find nobody wants to buy...
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

You should see if you can find programs like Neighbours At War online and make your wife watch an episode or two.

She may then use different tactics.
          The one where Adolph wants Danzig back is a good case study for how these things can escalate

Comment

Real contractors live in mansions not terraces so should not be a problem......

Comment

Ask the conveyancing solicitor you used when you bought the house how come the boundary doesn’t match the drawing. They should know.
              See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by jds 1981 View Post
                I know

Yeah, I wouldn't go in blazing, more along the lines of "Hey Peter, do you know if the boundary always been curved like it is now?" problem is, even that could come across as a bit accusatory. Any better ways of approaching it?
                We do get along with him reasonably well so wouldn't want to sour that.

We're going to get rid of the hedge at the front which would give a bit more room, and we should be able to fit just about, but my wifes main concern is if we're spending money to put a drive in, it would be good (if the boundary should be straight) to put the drive in straight rather than cementing the status quo.
                I assume you cemented the status quo when you bought the house and didn't check the boundaries lined up with the neighbours drive
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                  I assume you cemented the status quo when you bought the house and didn't check the boundaries lined up with the neighbours drive
                  GPWM.

Your solicitor should have brought it up with you if they felt there was an issue.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Your solicitor should have brought it up with you if they felt there was an issue.
                    You are presuming the conveyancer did their job properly.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

You are presuming the conveyancer did their job properly.
                      That's what you pay them for, but then some people like to go for budget solutions that maybe aren't quite as thorough.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X