• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Interesting proposal from BA

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting proposal from BA

The feckers - linky

British Airways passengers paying the lowest fares on European flights will be kept back at the departure gate until everyone else has boarded the plane.

On 12 December, the carrier will introduce a “group boarding” system on all its flights.

When the passenger checks in, whether online or at the airport, they will be assigned a group numbered between one and five. “This number will then be displayed prominently on the boarding pass, printed or mobile,” says British Airways in an internal newsletter.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    The feckers - linky
    If it keeps the hoi polloi at bay I'm all for it
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
      If it keeps the hoi polloi at bay I'm all for it
      Actually it will be those with holiday homes in foreign countries will be in group 5.

No point in spending loads of money if you still get there.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I like it. Pay least and get to wait in the airport lounge bar until final boarding call, while waving at all the mugs paying more to sit on the plane longer.

Surely they should have done it the other way around, pay more and be last on.
        Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

This time next year Group 6 will be pushing the jet to save on airport taxing fees...

Comment

Makes no sense from a loading perspective - the lower paying ones are the ones that have 3 carry-ons, a couple of handbags, and a load of duty-free. If they're last on, the plane will just be delayed for another half hour while they try to cram their stuff into the overhead bins.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              This time next year Group 6 will be pushing the jet to save on airport taxing fees...
              Make your mind up, is it a tax or a fee?
              But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

I went to Cologne this weekend - cheap flights with Ryanbair (£20 return). My carryon was a small haversack, so I took the crummy seats I was auto-selected, boarded last, and chose much better aisle seats at the front so I was first off the plane back in Manchester. Boarding last is perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
                  I like it. Pay least and get to wait in the airport lounge bar until final boarding call, while waving at all the mugs paying more to sit on the plane longer.

Surely they should have done it the other way around, pay more and be last on.
                  When you pay more you get free champagne while you wait for the others to board.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Never ceases to amaze me why people crowd around flapping to get on first. Your seat aint going anywhere and neither is the plane.

My wife uses walking sticks, and we've got a toddler (And useless teenager) so we get the pre-board. The hassle involved getting through the "scrum" to pre-board is a nightmare. People just won't move out of the way. And then you get looks as if you've shat on the carpet.

Getting off is worse - we now tend to wait until everyone is off. In the past, shes been barged and even knocked over once by people flapping to get down the airbridge and get to the luggage carousel. (Old fella who I caught up with a minute later to "have a word". His excuse - she was going slow and he needed to get to his bag).

Air travel pees me off - don't get me started on the people who "own" the luggage space above their seat and demand you not use it. If you notice some planes have no overheads for first row or two - had right ding dong with one fella who got on after we'd pre-boarded and we'd used some of "his" overhead space.
                    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X