• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Interesting proposal from BA

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Never ceases to amaze me why people crowd around flapping to get on first. Your seat aint going anywhere and neither is the plane.

My wife uses walking sticks, and we've got a toddler (And useless teenager) so we get the pre-board.
    Please see WTFHs answer above

Does he take after his father, then?
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
      Never ceases to amaze me why people crowd around flapping to get on first. Your seat aint going anywhere and neither is the plane.
      Your seat isn't, but any space in the overhead will have gone. I prefer to travel hand-baggage-only (2 bags) so getting some space in the overhead to stash my larger bag is pretty important.

Comment

BA already do it, at least they do on internal flights. I flew return to LHR from Manchester a couple of weeks ago. At Heathrow, there were two of us at the back of the queue chatting and not particularly bothered about rushing. You've got your seat assigned and minimal baggage so get on when you want. You're still sat down and belted up well before it starts to taxi.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

There are two things that amaze me, the rush to get on and the rush to get off. At the end of the day your flight will take as long as the bag takes to get onto the conveyor belt at the other end.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
            There are two things that amaze me, the rush to get on and the rush to get off. At the end of the day your flight will take as long as the bag takes to get onto the conveyor belt at the other end.
            Yes and also checking your bags in later often means they get on the belt, at the destination, first
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
              Yes and also checking your bags in later often means they get on the belt, at the destination, first
              Checking your bags in First means they are supposed to get on the belt first. (The yellow tag identifies them)
              BA try to load their cargo in such a way that the people up front get their bags first.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                Yes, even when you're Priority First

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  Checking your bags in First means they are supposed to get on the belt first. (The yellow tag identifies them)
                  BA try to load their cargo in such a way that the people up front get their bags first.
                  Sorry, my previous comment wasn't discussing first / business class, just cattle.
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                    There's plenty of people who fly with only hand luggage.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                      Your seat isn't, but any space in the overhead will have gone. I prefer to travel hand-baggage-only (2 bags) so getting some space in the overhead to stash my larger bag is pretty important.
                      I agree. Nothing like having to store your bag a few seats down, so tightly packed you will never be able to get at it until the flights lands.

Comment

Working...
                      X