• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My Oculus Rift VR arrives today!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    CBA to think of a snarky comment about VR and Brexit, but can you assume I made one anyway? Ta.
    Yep I will assume you virtually made a joke, ho ho ho. I made a virtual joke.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      Depends a lot on the game and you.

Generally any game which gives the impression of moving has the chance to make you feel rough because you eyes say you are moving but your inner ear says you ain't (which is one of the main causes of motion sickness!)

keep us posted.

Can you post on here whilst in VR?
      I will exit VR occasionally to post to CUK! Apparently, the headset is at a carrier facility 10 mins away but could be delivered anytime up until 8pm.

Comment

Depends a lot on the game and you.

Generally any game which gives the impression of moving has the chance to make you feel rough because you eyes say you are moving but your inner ear says you ain't (which is one of the main causes of motion sickness!)

keep us posted.

Can you post on here whilst in VR?
        And also the headset tracks head movement rather than eye movement so it confuses the brain and just generally can make you feel unwell. I find games like EVE and driving or walking games to be the worst offenders. In some games they have started to use a teleportation mechanism to overcome it. So instead of walking to a location you just zoom to it. It does help with the sickness but it doesn't help the immersive experience.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
          I will exit VR occasionally to post to CUK! Apparently, the headset is at a carrier facility 10 mins away but could be delivered anytime up until 8pm.
          What about pron?

You must report back on that.....

Comment

What about pron?

You must report back on that.....

hah, I use my work machine as the games/vr machine. I'm not risking prn on it! Plus what if the window cleaner is doing the windows and I've got no idea that they are there?

Comment

Plus what if the window cleaner is doing the windows and I've got no idea that they are there?
              Shut the curtains?

VR Headsets make me puke after about 20 minutes. My son ( aged 9 ) claims not to be affected. But he's still not getting one for Xmas.

Comment

I'm very excited about this as you can imagine.
                VR is the only place where Brexit would make sense, I thought you were wearing it all the time...

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
                  Shut the curtains?

VR Headsets make me puke after about 20 minutes. My son ( aged 9 ) claims not to be affected. But he's still not getting one for Xmas.
                  It's when you don't remember to close the blinds.

Comment

I'm very excited about this as you can imagine. I will be posting updates as the day, weeks and months go on.

Mods, I agree that this is probably the most important thread on here, so feel free to create a new forum for it next to or before the General link.

Please no bananas in your replies, just knowing you know makes me happy.
                    Is this a new electric mobility scooter?
                    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                      Is this a new electric mobility scooter?
                      If only it was.

Comment

Working...
                      X