• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Vaping

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been meaning to try vaping out for some time & a Smok V8 arrived in this morning post

The actual act of vaping is a tad weird -either get too much straight in the lungs and a massive vape plume and now trying to do mouth to lung

Not sure I'm getting the full nicotine replacement to stop craving - but early days- & I did a scatter gun approach for the liquid so may need to refine it

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
      All non smokers.

Gonna be a lonely experience going out for a puff when I'm at the pub
      Long term consequences of vaping aren't yet known. I have some senior consultant (medical) friends, many of whom see it as the next tobacco. The chemical consequences of it will likely be restricted to the lungs solely. Although it is clearly less damaging than traditional cigarettes, why smoke at all? The relief it provides have been show to be possible through other means. Start running, go to the gym, try the different types of yoga - some types, such as Hatha and YinYang are more about ensuring consistent breathing than Ashtanga, which is about breathing whilst trying to not to collapse in a heap of your own sweat and tears.

Plenty of alternatives.

Comment

Originally posted by contractorinatractor View Post
        Long term consequences of vaping aren't yet known. I have some senior consultant (medical) friends, many of whom see it as the next tobacco. The chemical consequences of it will likely be restricted to the lungs solely. Although it is clearly less damaging than traditional cigarettes, why smoke at all? The relief it provides have been show to be possible through other means. Start running, go to the gym, try the different types of yoga - some types, such as Hatha and YinYang are more about ensuring consistent breathing than Ashtanga, which is about breathing whilst trying to not to collapse in a heap of your own sweat and tears.

Plenty of alternatives.
        Not many of those options give that hit when you only have 5 minutes though.......

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
          Not many of those options give that hit when you only have 5 minutes though.......
          Exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            I gave up cigarettes in 1989. Coffee in 2007. Alcohol in 2011.

And the only one I miss is cigarettes. Evil stuff.
            What about sex?
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by contractorinatractor View Post
              Long term consequences of vaping aren't yet known. I have some senior consultant (medical) friends, many of whom see it as the next tobacco. The chemical consequences of it will likely be restricted to the lungs solely.
              The only cloud on the horizon, if I might use that phrase about vaping, (more like big cloud round your head!) that I'm aware of is popcorn lung.

But even if there is anything in that, and it isn't a complete urban myth, I'd guess it mostly applies to vapour containing sugar, such as those revolting strawberry flavoured vapes and the like.
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
              X