• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My IR35 LinkedIn Post

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Liked both and shared both!
    Beer
    is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    Benjamin Franklin

Comment

- We have a one day notice period
      - We have to keep a large emergency fund for when we don't have a gig
      - We don't get holiday or sick pay
      - We haven't got any employment rights; none.
      No we don't. I think this one is a red herring in your list.

Not one mention of being a small business?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Sorry to piggy back on this but I'm curious to know how far and wide Oleg's snippets of wisdom spread.
        Does everyone eventually get them on their feed via the six degrees of freedom thing?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          No we don't. I think this one is a red herring in your list.

Not one mention of being a small business?
          You don't have a war chest? =\

There's a character limit which I hit. I tried re-typing it a few different ways but that was the content I came out the happiest with. I wanted to write a post that people could easily digest and relate too, with the idea of creating discussion and possibly debate. My thinking around that was that if people asked the right questions / responded on certain points, those could be expanded via comments.

Thanks all of those who have, for liking and sharing!

Comment

Originally posted by Guesstimator View Post
            Sorry to piggy back on this but I'm curious to know how far and wide Oleg's snippets of wisdom spread.
            Does everyone eventually get them on their feed via the six degrees of freedom thing?
            AFAIK LinkedIn releases your status update to a focus group to gauge engagement. If the engagement is good, then the post gets publicized to most of your network. If that engagement is also good this spreads to your second degree and then so on and so forth.

I've read a couple of books about the topic but they've mainly been Twitter focused - waste of time and learnt that Twitter and Insta are essentially B2C tools and B2B may as well forget it, apart from a brand strengthening exercise.

Comment

Originally posted by Guesstimator View Post
              Direct connection for a long time, also chatted to the guy quite a bit on PM (yes, he does exist).

Comment

Originally posted by mattfx View Post
                You don't have a war chest? =\

There's a character limit which I hit. I tried re-typing it a few different ways but that was the content I came out the happiest with. I wanted to write a post that people could easily digest and relate too, with the idea of creating discussion and possibly debate. My thinking around that was that if people asked the right questions / responded on certain points, those could be expanded via comments.

Thanks all of those who have, for liking and sharing!
                Yes but that is my savings strategy. You don't NEED one. Permies have nest eggs for bad days as well. I don't think it fits in with that list. The others are tangible and pretty unique to contractors. The one highlighted is a common sense financial strategy.

Technically my company has made a profit to cover loss making periods but I think we are beyond beating the small business drum at the moment.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Link or it didn't happen. At the very least post what you put. I've seen some right crap on LinkedIn about IR35 recently sadly.

To be fair you can post some motivational crap on there and get the same. Post something like 'Seize the day and the flowers will be happy' and some chumps will like and say 'so true' or something.
                  ahhh lovely, happy flowers. Thanks NLUK, lovely quote and so true.

Comment

Liked and shared.

For my part I sent letters to my MP but she is Labour however also send letters to two Conservative MPs in adjoining continuances as previous/prospective clients are there.

Interesting on the theyworkforyou site to see how they vote, the Solihull chap seems like a right

qh
                    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Link or it didn't happen. At the very least post what you put. I've seen some right crap on LinkedIn about IR35 recently sadly.

To be fair you can post some motivational crap on there and get the same. Post something like 'Seize the day and the flowers will be happy' and some chumps will like and say 'so true' or something.
                      I prefer something deeper, like, "if you empty a vacuum cleaner, you become a vacuum cleaner".

I really wish I could attribute that to Neil from The Young Ones.
                      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                      X