• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Recommended training companies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommended training companies

Apologies if this has been posted before.

As I am still trying to find my next role, I'm looking at gaining some further qualifications namely Agile certification, possibly AWS architect and CISSP.

Which training companies would you recommend for the above in the North West/Midlands area?

Thanks

Originally posted by jmercer View Post

As I am still trying to find my next role, I'm looking at gaining some further qualifications namely Agile certification, possibly AWS architect and CISSP.

Which training companies would you recommend for the above in the North West/Midlands area?

Thanks
    None.

Give acloudguru a go for the aws stuff though.

Comment

AndyW's mum taught me everything I know.

Comment

Whatever you do DO NOT use Arrow ECS. Was great when I was being put through training by my MSP and was just a bit of a jolly, but if i'd have forked out a couple of grand for a two week course with them I'd have been livid by day two. Instructors always start late, tend to not know a whole lot about their chosen topic, know even less about orhwe technology that touches on it and overall cannot deliver.

The best thing I learnt from the second week long VMware course I did with them was this joke:

"How do you know when a Labrador is hungry..?

It's Eye's are open"

- Seriously, best thing I learnt all week.

Comment

Have a look at QA. https://www.qa.com/

And if you're an IPSE member, you can get a really good discount on a lot of QA's courses (enough to pay for membership!)

https://www.ipse.co.uk/ipse-resource...viders/qa.html
          Last edited by mudskipper; 22 November 2017, 17:10.

Comment

Originally posted by jmercer View Post

Thanks
            I did CISSP with Firebrand nr Cambridge. Not cheap but got the qual in 7 days of hard slog. The exam was like voluntary hanging.

Comment

Working...
            X