British car vs the rest of the World British car vs the rest of the World - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Posts 11 to 20 of 33
  1. #11

    Godlike

    jamesbrown is a fount of knowledge

    jamesbrown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    7,225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scooterscot View Post
    You canny change the laws of physics.
    I admire your ambition, scootie, but you need to master the laws of arithmetic first.

  2. #12

    Old Greg is my bitch's bitch

    northernladyuk is a fount of knowledge

    northernladyuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Working the streets of your imagination
    Posts
    9,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DimPrawn View Post
    It's not, but we make the finest products in the World, exports are booming since YOU KNOW WHAT

    Record high export orders drive British manufacturing boom

    We will soon have an export led economy that leaves Germany in the dust.

    Makes yer proud.
    My Scirocco has better fuel efficiency than that McLaren.
    Where there's muck there's brass.

  3. #13

    Godlike

    Paddy is a fount of knowledge

    Paddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    9,765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DimPrawn View Post
    It's not, but we make the finest products in the World, exports are booming since YOU KNOW WHAT

    Record high export orders drive British manufacturing boom

    We will soon have an export led economy that leaves Germany in the dust.

    Makes yer proud.
    Most of the components were designed and engineered in Uruguay.
    Brexiteers remind me of religious fanatics, only faith, no facts.

  4. #14

    More fingers than teeth

    scooterscot is a fount of knowledge

    scooterscot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Anywhere that is not broken Brexit Britain
    Posts
    19,558

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesbrown View Post
    I admire your ambition, scootie, but you need to master the laws of arithmetic first.
    I prefer to bend the rules, unlike them Euclidean individuals!
    “We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible. And we count these moments. These moments when we dare to aim higher, to break barriers, to reach for the stars, to make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that. Or perhaps we've just forgotten that we are still pioneers. And we've barely begun. And that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us.”

  5. #15

    My post count is Majestic

    AtW is a fount of knowledge

    AtW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    51,446

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Not for long with 700% import duties.
    Exactly - they'd use instead them free trade engines from Lada

    HTH

  6. #16

    Contractor Among Contractors

    NigelJK is NOT a disguised employee


    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,536

    Default

    Such a pity Jag canned the CX-75 (the proto version, the production version is tame in comparison).

  7. #17

    Super poster

    bobspud is NOT a disguised employee


    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    3,373

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ladymuck View Post
    Is Aston Martin still British? I can never keep track of which Chinese company owns which piece of our motoring heritage.
    I don't think the ownership is a problem anymore. Not with the way globalisation works anyway. The important and nice part is knowing that its been built by craftsmen in this country. For all the nay-saying that we have going on,

    Most of the top marques in the motoring world are designed and built in this country using supply chains around the world.

    Aston Martin
    Bentley
    Jaguar
    Range Rover and Land Rover
    Mclarren
    Rolls Royce

    Soon
    TVR will be back as well.

    Can anyone name another country that has more prestige builders?

  8. #18

    Fingers like lightning

    mattfx is NOT a disguised employee


    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    669

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bobspud View Post

    Aston Martin
    Bentley
    Jaguar
    Range Rover and Land Rover
    Mclarren
    Rolls Royce

    Soon
    TVR will be back as well.
    I'm sorry bob but Italy have us beaten hands down:

    Pagani
    Ferarri
    Lamborghini
    Alfa Romeo (their early stuff that was actually pretty - oh - and the 8C)
    Lancia (the delta DOMINATED rally)
    Maserati

    If only Bugatti had been born a few hundred kilometers south. Shame.

    I am a massive fan of British sports and super cars but the Italians are a class above.

  9. #19

    Fingers like lightning

    mattfx is NOT a disguised employee


    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    669

    Default

    Also you missed the small niche players like Noble, Ariel, Marcos, etc

  10. #20

    Super poster

    bobspud is NOT a disguised employee


    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    3,373

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mattfx View Post
    I'm sorry bob but Italy have us beaten hands down:

    Pagani
    Ferarri
    Lamborghini
    Alfa Romeo (their early stuff that was actually pretty - oh - and the 8C)
    Lancia (the delta DOMINATED rally)
    Maserati

    If only Bugatti had been born a few hundred kilometers south. Shame.

    I am a massive fan of British sports and super cars but the Italians are a class above.
    None of those are in the same class as the English stuff. Yes they look nice but the engineering of all of them have been shocking for years. I can still remember sitting in a pub consoling one of my ex colleagues after Maserati had just phoned him to let him know that his B service included a new clutch and there was some rust in is passenger well. Also know a few guys that have worked on engineering for Ferrari and Lambo's and they are shall we say a little temperamental.

    For looks? I agree they are some of the nicest designs.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •