• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

British car vs the rest of the World

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about DeLorean?
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      What about DeLorean?
      There was one of those parked out the back of one of the law chambers last year they are truly out of this world. Especially the bright orange interior that this one had

Comment

But engineering isn't all about longevity - F1 cars are superb pieces of engineering but they break or need rebuilds between races.

If you look at the list of Nurburgring lap times you will find a lot of the top times littered with German and Italian marks. Gumpert and McLaren are the only two in the top 30 or so:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...eife_lap_times

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            What about DeLorean?
            I saw one of those in 2027

Comment

Originally posted by mattfx View Post
              But engineering isn't all about longevity - F1 cars are superb pieces of engineering but they break or need rebuilds between races.

If you look at the list of Nurburgring lap times you will find a lot of the top times littered with German and Italian marks. Gumpert and McLaren are the only two in the top 30 or so:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...eife_lap_times
              here is a place that could eat up your day

https://nurburgringlaptimes.com/lap-times-top-100/

We only really have Mclarren that is in the same league as the hyper cars but for the GT's we are by far the best.

Once you spend £100k+ you deserve quality and engineering. When top gear took the hyper-cars out to Spain and was running them down the disused runway one of them (think it was a Ferrari) had one its carbon fibre panels disintegrate from the dust trying to hit its top speed.

But don't get me wrong I have been told off for pressing my nose up against the window of the Kensington Ferrari dealership many a day

Comment

Leccy cars are the future. Won't be long before a leccy Mondeo will wipe the floor with any ICE car.

A few weeks ago I was sat behind a Nissan Leaf (or similar) at a set of lights. The thing flew off in front, must have an impressive 0-30 time (we were in a 30 zone so didn't see it go much beyond that), it had turned off before I had chance to catch up and have a proper look at what make/model it was.

All they have to do is get rid of all the heavy/bulky batteries and use under road power like scalextric (but without the rails, more like conductive charging) and it will be unstoppable. If Hammond is serious about raising productivity by investing in infrastructure this is a no brainer for major towns/cities. Will also tackle the polution issue they're fussing about with diesels and the toxin charge.
                Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
                  Leccy cars are the future. Won't be long before a leccy Mondeo will wipe the floor with any ICE car.

A few weeks ago I was sat behind a Nissan Leaf (or similar) at a set of lights. The thing flew off in front, must have an impressive 0-30 time (we were in a 30 zone so didn't see it go much beyond that), it had turned off before I had chance to catch up and have a proper look at what make/model it was.

All they have to do is get rid of all the heavy/bulky batteries and use under road power like scalextric (but without the rails, more like conductive charging) and it will be unstoppable. If Hammond is serious about raising productivity by investing in infrastructure this is a no brainer for major towns/cities. Will also tackle the polution issue they're fussing about with diesels and the toxin charge.
                  The top spot on the NB-Ring is currently a Neo battery powered monster...

There was an article in Quartz about the inventor of the current technology having found something new but it seems to have vanished from the site. I am sure I am close to having bought my last petrol powered vehicle.

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
                    For looks? I agree they are some of the nicest designs.
                    Indeed. Italian cars are beautiful but look at a Ferrari the wrong way and you'll snap off a bit of carbon fibre.
                    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                      But the number of people dying from Asthma has been going up - so being in the EU does not seem to be having the effect you appear to be insinuating it should?

https://www.asthma.org.uk/about/medi...nd-statistics/

Comment

Working...
                      X