• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

British car vs the rest of the World

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    You canny change the laws of physics.
    I admire your ambition, scootie, but you need to master the laws of arithmetic first.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      It's not, but we make the finest products in the World, exports are booming since YOU KNOW WHAT

Record high export orders drive British manufacturing boom

We will soon have an export led economy that leaves Germany in the dust.

Makes yer proud.
      My Scirocco has better fuel efficiency than that McLaren.

Comment

It's not, but we make the finest products in the World, exports are booming since YOU KNOW WHAT

Record high export orders drive British manufacturing boom

We will soon have an export led economy that leaves Germany in the dust.

Makes yer proud.
        Most of the components were designed and engineered in Uruguay.
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
          I admire your ambition, scootie, but you need to master the laws of arithmetic first.
          I prefer to bend the rules, unlike them Euclidean individuals!
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Not for long with 700% import duties.
            Exactly - they'd use instead them free trade engines from Lada

HTH

Comment

Such a pity Jag canned the CX-75 (the proto version, the production version is tame in comparison).

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                Is Aston Martin still British? I can never keep track of which Chinese company owns which piece of our motoring heritage.
                I don't think the ownership is a problem anymore. Not with the way globalisation works anyway. The important and nice part is knowing that its been built by craftsmen in this country. For all the nay-saying that we have going on,

Most of the top marques in the motoring world are designed and built in this country using supply chains around the world.

Aston Martin
                Bentley
                Jaguar
                Range Rover and Land Rover
                Mclarren
                Rolls Royce

Soon
                TVR will be back as well.

Can anyone name another country that has more prestige builders?

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post

Aston Martin
                  Bentley
                  Jaguar
                  Range Rover and Land Rover
                  Mclarren
                  Rolls Royce

Soon
                  TVR will be back as well.
                  I'm sorry bob but Italy have us beaten hands down:

Pagani
                  Ferarri
                  Lamborghini
                  Alfa Romeo (their early stuff that was actually pretty - oh - and the 8C)
                  Lancia (the delta DOMINATED rally)
                  Maserati

If only Bugatti had been born a few hundred kilometers south. Shame.

I am a massive fan of British sports and super cars but the Italians are a class above.

Comment

Also you missed the small niche players like Noble, Ariel, Marcos, etc

Comment

Originally posted by mattfx View Post
                      I'm sorry bob but Italy have us beaten hands down:

Pagani
                      Ferarri
                      Lamborghini
                      Alfa Romeo (their early stuff that was actually pretty - oh - and the 8C)
                      Lancia (the delta DOMINATED rally)
                      Maserati

If only Bugatti had been born a few hundred kilometers south. Shame.

I am a massive fan of British sports and super cars but the Italians are a class above.
                      None of those are in the same class as the English stuff. Yes they look nice but the engineering of all of them have been shocking for years. I can still remember sitting in a pub consoling one of my ex colleagues after Maserati had just phoned him to let him know that his B service included a new clutch and there was some rust in is passenger well. Also know a few guys that have worked on engineering for Ferrari and Lambo's and they are shall we say a little temperamental.

For looks? I agree they are some of the nicest designs.

Comment

Working...
                      X