• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Plan B - BBC Journalist ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plan B - BBC Journalist ?

From w4mp | The site for everyone working for an MP

Reference: 63564

Date Added: 21 November 2017
    Closing Date: 4 December 2017

Job Title: Trainee Broadcast Journalist
    Working For: BBC
    Salary: London living wage - £10.20 per hour

Job Details
    12 month opportunity for budding news junkies to gain hands on experience at a national and international level with the iconic BBC World Service.

This internship is only open to candidates from a black, Asian or non-white ethnic minority background.

Originally posted by SunnyInHades View Post

Job Details
    12 month opportunity for budding news junkies to gain hands on experience at a national and international level with the iconic BBC World Service.

This internship is only open to candidates from a black, Asian or non-white ethnic minority background.

erm isn't that incredibly racist?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      erm isn't that incredibly racist?
      No its fine. We are only white guys we don't need jobs. I find the whole inclusiveness debate extremely disgusting. The way its focused is on we must get more LGBQ or whatever into our workplace what they actually normal need not apply...

I agree that we are imbalanced now but there should never be a position where a job is not open to you because of your age, sex or race. The best person should always get the role if we need to do something to get the other candidates up to scratch thats a different matter and one we need to address sooner rather than later. But discrimination positive or otherwise is illegal.

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
        No its fine. We are only white guys we don't need jobs. I find the whole inclusiveness debate extremely disgusting. The way its focused is on we must get more LGBQ or whatever into our workplace what they actually normal need not apply...

I agree that we are imbalanced now but there should never be a position where a job is not open to you because of your age, sex or race. The best person should always get the role if we need to do something to get the other candidates up to scratch thats a different matter and one we need to address sooner rather than later. But discrimination positive or otherwise is illegal.
        Where I work it is like a box ticking exercise.

Got some black people - tick

How about a Lesbian - tick

Maybe a disabled person - yup one of those also

Anyone been employed who actually has the skills for the job - maybe - but it wasn't the focus of the recruitment.

Comment

This internship is only open to candidates from a black, Asian or non-white ethnic minority background..
          What, no Inuit?
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            What, no Inuit?
            Only if they are gay and have a leg missing...

The worst part of that advert is the divisiveness it causes by openly pitching race in society. When we talk about inclusiveness we need to be inclusive not replace one cozy little club with the next one.

Comment

I'm think I better keep out of this one..

Comment

Personally I think it is racist and should be reported.
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Job Details

There's probably a similar job being advertised by the BBC, paying a lot more but with the condition that This internship is only open to candidates from a white background.

Comment

Or is this just a really bad Black Friday joke?

Comment

Working...
                    X