• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Today's Black Friday deals

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today's Black Friday deals

Reports on news of people getting to shops before dawn (whoever she is) and no deals worth bothering with, so going home empty handed. Meanwhile sane shoppers avoiding the shops expecting a melee, yet all is quiet. So overall the shops will be down on takings for a normal Friday.

Even online is somewhat lacklustre this year. Not many eye catching lightening deals on Amazon for instance.

Only thing I've bothered with is a blu-ray boxset of Justified, lowest ever price on Amazon according to CamelCamelCamel.

Oh well, off to see what tat is on massive discount in the Steam sale. Still not downloaded all the games I bought in last year's Steam sale.
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Amazon stuff has been tulip this year.

They eventually put the echo dot and fire stick (old version) in their Black Friday as clearly people weren't buying anything.

The only stuff I wanted wasn't in the sale as normal.

In regards to clothes sales - there have been sales on all year so don't need to buy anything.
    Last edited by SueEllen; 24 November 2017, 14:24.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post

Reports on news of people getting to shops before dawn (whoever she is) and no deals worth bothering with, so going home empty handed. Meanwhile sane shoppers avoiding the shops expecting a melee, yet all is quiet. So overall the shops will be down on takings for a normal Friday.

Even online is somewhat lacklustre this year. Not many eye catching lightening deals on Amazon for instance.

Only thing I've bothered with is a blu-ray boxset of Justified, lowest ever price on Amazon according to CamelCamelCamel.

Oh well, off to see what tat is on massive discount in the Steam sale. Still not downloaded all the games I bought in last year's Steam sale.
      Yeah, I've been after one of these for a while but nothing doing on Black Friday...

Comment

Ah yes, I got an alert from Steam saying some of the games on my wishlist were on sale. Thanks for the reminder

I've had a scan through hotel and flight deals, as well as the usual suspects. Nothing really taking my fancy. I didn't bother in previous years, looks like I won't bother this year.

Comment

BF this year has been utter cr@p. Maybe Cyber Monday will be better.

I've been looking for a laptop and some tech kit.

Comment

I'm booking flights for all 3 of next year's holidays. g

Will see if overclockers have any deals and if so it's a new DAW as well
            "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              Ah yes, I got an alert from Steam saying some of the games on my wishlist were on sale. Thanks for the reminder.
              There's a site that tells you when the next one is expected as there's several a year.

https://www.whenisthenextsteamsale.com/

(Beware it has some funky music playing for those in the office with speakers set to stun. )
              Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Hardly seen anything good so far. I think retailers are struggling with margins and shoppers are bound to get more savvy about how good a deal really is, now we've had Black Friday deals for several years.

Don't think it helps that most shops seem to be running sales all the time now, so how much lower can they really go just because it's Black Friday? Amazon have been doing deals all week (what's the betting next year it'll just be Black November) so there haven't been any amazing new deals today.

Comment

Personally, I think Amazon in particular used to do a lot of the best BF deals, but they did Prime Day this year, which dwarfed what's on offer today.

Comment

I saw an item, that I had bought previously on Amazon, on Black Friday deal ( 35% off! ) ... of course when I checked what I had paid for the item 6 months ago .... surprise, surprise ... it was the same price.

I've never trusted sales ever since I was in a well-known shop, having a sale, and noticed a small sign that read:

"All of the items on sale have previously been sold at the higher price in some of our 600 branches for a period of 30 days within the last 12 months, however not necessarily consecutive days".

In other words, they wack up the price of an item for 1 day in some random store, then drop it to normal, wack it up again at a different store and eventually claim to be selling the item for 50% off.

And finally. I once spent the summer sellotaping boxes of pies together. On "even" weeks the tape read "£1 Half Price! £1 Half Price! £1 Half Price!" on "Odd" weeks I had to stick two boxes together, the tape read "£2 Buy One, Get One Free!, £2 Buy One, Get One Free!". The price was always a quid ( it was the 80's ) You could never buy them not on offer.

..... That was a long summer.
                    Last edited by tomtomagain; 24 November 2017, 16:21.

Comment

Working...
                    X