• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Welcome To Slum Britain 2017

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    man that's warm, dry and it has plenty of parking spaces.
    FTFY

Its better than 6 of you living in a B&B for 5 months with daily threats of violence as happened to a friend.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      FTFY

Its better than 6 of you living in a B&B for 5 months with daily threats of violence as happened to a friend.
      true - my life is plenty skewed from the one I left behind in Glasgae, it's difficult recognise sometimes what's normal. Regardless you don't expect 2017 Britain to be housing folks in such conditions with all the wonders the land has to offer.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

true - my life is plenty skewed from the one I left behind in Glasgae, it's difficult recognise sometimes what's normal. Regardless you don't expect 2017 Britain to be housing folks in such conditions with all the wonders the land has to offer.
        5 million new people and no investment in infrastructure what do you expect? Don't forget to tell your MP.

Luckily we have lots of money generated by our visitors and our membership of an unmentionable organisation.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          Actually it is why the office block ended up being empty.

It is close to Mitcham Tram station so there is public transport access.
          Well is sounds like a great location for transport.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            5 million new people and no investment in infrastructure what do you expect? Don't forget to tell your MP.

Luckily we have lots of money generated by our visitors and our membership of an unmentionable organisation.
            UK spending:

1) Buy bankrupt banks

2) Buy DUP votes

Clearly we've lot of money to throw around.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

UK spending:

1) Buy bankrupt banks

2) Buy DUP votes

Clearly we've lot of money to throw around.
              indeed its odd how they prioritise.

Comment

I used to like LBC.

These "people" need to be moved to the cheapest place in the country. Their children taken into care. And be sterilised.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  I used to like LBC.

These "people" need to be moved to the cheapest place in the country. Their children taken into care. And be sterilised.
                  No they have a right to live in London!

Lots of London councils are now giving people the choice of move elsewhere in the country or we won't house you. I guess these people need to decide whether they want to be housed in London in tulip accommodation or elsewhere in the country in nicer accommodation.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    No they have a right to live in London!

Lots of London councils are now giving people the choice of move elsewhere in the country or we won't house you. I guess these people need to decide whether they want to be housed in London in tulip accommodation or elsewhere in the country in nicer accommodation.
                    Then that right needs to be removed.

London is full.

Comment

Calling it a slum insults those who live in real abject poverty.
                      http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Working...
                      X