• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Keyless car theft solved

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keyless car theft solved

"Quantum communication is a field of applied quantum physics closely related to quantum information processing and quantum teleportation. Its most interesting application is protecting information channels against eavesdropping by means of quantum cryptography."

Sorteed!

The older Peugeot and Citroen had a PIN to punch in. The PIN would be sent to the fuel injector pump (not to the ECU). Three wrong tries would disable the car for 30 minutes. A temporary PIN could be setup for garage servicing etc

If the car was stolen by rowing it away, the fuel injector pump would need to be changed.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

If they can have fingerprint reader in cheap iPad, why can't they have it in much more expensive car?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        If they can have fingerprint reader in cheap iPad, why can't they have it in much more expensive car?
        The manufacturers want more cars to be nicked, so the aggrieved owners have to buy replacements!

(It's like Microsoft wants Windows to be infected by viruses and malware, despite managing to convince most people it wants the opposite, so the user is more likely to want to upgrade their PC.)
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

What if your finger is bitten off by a squirrel and it makes off with your car?

Comment

So your car was outside your house all this time?
            If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
              So your car was outside your house all this time?
              Nope, in gated communal garage where wireless reception is terrible...

Comment

Nope, in gated communal garage where wireless reception is terrible...
                nlady is currently serving time in a gated communal garage for outraging public decency.

Comment

I'd rather the thieves nicked my car without first coming into the house for the keys and giving me GBH, so this "relay" thing is all good.

Comment

Originally posted by unixman View Post
                    I'd rather the thieves nicked my car without first coming into the house for the keys and giving me GBH, so this "relay" thing is all good.
                    Get yourself an air pistol. And a baseball bat.

Comment

Working...
                    X