• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Women Who Deserve to Go to Hell

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Women Who Deserve to Go to Hell

Library books which urge women to be submissive to their husbands and never refuse sex are among a dossier of misogynistic material inspectors have found in Islamic schools.

Ofsted has compiled a file of the worst examples of discrimination and sexism its inspectors encountered. The material includes excerpts from library books and children’s marked work which sanction domestic violence.

Among the worst examples was a book discovered in a school library entitled, “Women who deserve to go to hell” which said that it was wrong for wives to show “ingratitude to their husband” or “have tall ambitions”.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/i...book-vll3jdjw7
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

and your point is ??

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
      and your point is ??
      If you can't see the blatantly obvious then I presume you think such teaching is OK.

Religious education (all religions) in school and outside of school needs to be strictly regulated. i.e all books approved by a regulator.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Perhaps something from Jacob Rees-Mogg's library would be more befitting

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post

Among the worst examples was a book discovered in a school library entitled, “Women who deserve to go to hell” which said that it was wrong for wives to show “ingratitude to their husband” or “have tall ambitions”.
          We call them ex-wives for short.

Comment

Library books which urge women to be submissive to their husbands and never refuse sex ...
            Seems pretty sound advice to me. Dunno what all the fuss is about.
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

If you can't see the blatantly obvious then I presume you think such teaching is OK.

Religious education (all religions) in school and outside of school needs to be strictly regulated. i.e all books approved by a regulator.
              presume all you like.
              you posted a link with no comment on it and no point made.
              I'd ban all religious education myself. it's all claptrap.

Comment

You are very cultural insensitive. Next you will be arguing against FGM.....

(that emoticon is not needed for normal people. only for his twuntyness).

Comment

Library books which urge women to be submissive to their husbands and never refuse sex.
                  All women are like that with me. Some say its my personality. Others say rohypnol is at work....

Comment

An old favourite.

qh
                    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Working...
                    X