• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Earth not flat

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Quite. The Earth isn't flat, but the universe is.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

"earth not flat"

mans not hot

Comment

https://news.sky.com/story/mad-mike-...aunch-11146298

Sky News (appropriate source ) report launch delayed until Tuesday (today?). No word if he'll be taking a bowl of spaghetti with him for the journey.
        Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by FrontEnder View Post
          He's actually going for this years Darwin award.
          He's already built successful manned rockets IIRC, certainly he has a track record of engineering things that work.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

More amusing is that 550m is not really very high. Even if you don't believe in aeroplanes(?) You can go up buildings higher than that or just walk up a hill.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
              If the earth was flat, gravity at the south pole would drag you horizontally back to the equator.
              Even if the Earth is much thicker and denser around the Southern circumference?

Comment

The most compelling evidence I've ever heard that the earth is flat is that MF hasn't rolled off it.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                  The most compelling evidence I've ever heard that the earth is flat is that MF hasn't rolled off it.
                  His gravitational pull is too great.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                    Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                    His gravitational pull is too great.

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
                      A nice thought, but kg is a unit of mass, not weight.

Comment

Working...
                      X