• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Asperger’s syndrome...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Where is DimPrawn?
    He managed to escape....

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      Isn't it usually just bad/lazy parenting?
      Well that's exactly what the in-laws said last Thursday to be honest at 9.45pm when they were at my house after DS1 had been playing up for a number of hours and decided he needed a good smack and to tell me what a crap dad I was.

At 9.50pm the MIL decided to give him a good smack.

At 10.15pm I eventually got him to bed and settled as the house was now much quieter having thrown the in-laws out on the street to drive the two hours back home to their house.

All is much calmer now I don't have to have anything to do with the in-laws.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I think I have had an experience with an autistic 3 year old this weekend - son of a good friend, we went on a mini cruise. In the restaurant he throws plates around constantly screaming, repeatedly hits his mum to nosebleed, was over-awed by the sail-away party to the point of powering down, and kicked and screamed his way on the tube when we made our way across London to the point his mum brokedown. The worst thing is mum does not see anything different to a regular 3 year old, and has her confidence totally knocked from her. I am now a firm believer in the reality of autism having lived through it for a weekend!

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
          I think I have had an experience with an autistic 3 year old this weekend - son of a good friend, we went on a mini cruise. In the restaurant he throws plates around constantly screaming, repeatedly hits his mum to nosebleed, was over-awed by the sail-away party to the point of powering down, and kicked and screamed his way on the tube when we made our way across London to the point his mum brokedown. The worst thing is mum does not see anything different to a regular 3 year old, and has her confidence totally knocked from her. I am now a firm believer in the reality of autism having lived through it for a weekend!
          Nah. Bad parenting. Should have smacked her for being a bad parent.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            Nah. Bad parenting. Should have smacked her for being a bad parent.
            Denial parenting - she sees no issue which is the issue........

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
              Denial parenting - she sees no issue which is the issue........
              I knew from 18 months year old I was a bad parent. It's because I leave my pants on the floor according to the in-laws. You have to bow down to the older generation, they didn't have ADHD or Autism in their day, it's because they were beaten as children, were disciplined by their parents properly and didn't have computers so it didn't occur.

I wish I was born in a time when there was no disabilities, pedophiles and you could leave your front door open. I blame Brexit.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                I knew from 18 months year old I was a bad parent. It's because I leave my pants on the floor according to the in-laws. You have to bow down to the older generation, they didn't have ADHD or Autism in their day, it's because they were beaten as children, were disciplined by their parents properly and didn't have computers so it didn't occur.

I wish I was born in a time when there was no disabilities, pedophiles and you could leave your front door open. I blame Brexit.
                No you blame joining the EU.

Everything will be solved with Brexit plus (insert racist phrase for brown people) and women will know their place.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  No you blame joining the EU.

Everything will be solved with Brexit plus (insert racist phrase for brown people) and women will know their place.
                  You're thinking of Islam, it said so on the news.
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                    You're thinking of Islam, it said so on the news.
                    No I was thinking UKIP and their name for women who didn't clean behind their fridges.

Islam was covered in (insert racist phrase for brown people) as clearly all Muslims are brown
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                      No I was thinking UKIP and their name for women who didn't clean behind their fridges.

Islam was covered in (insert racist phrase for brown people) as clearly all Muslims are brown
                      Is that a euphemism?
                      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                      X