• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Asperger’s syndrome...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Is that a euphemism?
    What do you think?
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
      I think I have had an experience with an autistic 3 year old this weekend - son of a good friend, we went on a mini cruise. In the restaurant he throws plates around constantly screaming, repeatedly hits his mum to nosebleed, was over-awed by the sail-away party to the point of powering down, and kicked and screamed his way on the tube when we made our way across London to the point his mum brokedown. The worst thing is mum does not see anything different to a regular 3 year old, and has her confidence totally knocked from her. I am now a firm believer in the reality of autism having lived through it for a weekend!
      Just because a child throws a tantrum it really really does not mean they have any form of 'thing'.

At the age of 3 a child is trying to make their imprint on the world - they learn very quickly what does and does not work when trying to get their own way.

Pandering to that or trying to find an 'excuse or reason' is a really stupid idea.

My kids had tantrums - they have not been defined as on the spectrum.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        What do you think?
        I've just had to look up what UKIPer said about women.

Slightly different to muzzers, that's their opinion of 14 year-old white girls in Rochdale, Rotherham and plenty of other places (Bury is next one tipped to be exposed).
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
          As someone with Asthma and a niggling urge to commit hacking crimes, I'm watching this case with interest.

I get out of breath just looking at the learning curve.

Mr Robot (Elliot is definitely on the spectrum, to keep this on topic ) makes it look easy. Funny how the screen shows them typing* quicker than physically possible, and with zero mistakes.

* They always use archaic command line input method for hacking, when everything else is point and click. "Hack that" is one click for Windows.
          Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
            I get out of breath just looking at the learning curve.

Mr Robot (Elliot is definitely on the spectrum, to keep this on topic ) makes it look easy. Funny how the screen shows them typing* quicker than physically possible, and with zero mistakes.

* They always use archaic command line input method for hacking, when everything else is point and click. "Hack that" is one click for Windows.
            I can type fast and correctly because I was taught to type.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Yay, a fellow trained touch-typer
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

I understand that it's a requirement in the secretarial profession. Do you prefer PA now or is secretary ok?

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                  I understand that it's a requirement in the secretarial profession. Do you prefer PA now or is secretary ok?
                  I took a touch-typing course at school; made sense with the advent of IT in the early 90s as there was a clear route to more and more computer usage.

Comment

Not that fast. Physically impossible to type as fast as you see on some shows/movies.

So you're the only one that managed to turn up to the computer studies touch typing class at uni.

They weren't daft, it was the only class early morning all week and the only one with no test towards the overall course result. The pound a pint and live music at the student union bar always won out the night before. I think I turned up once, to see how fit the lecturer was or wasn't. Can't remember, I think it was a she.
                    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Taught (aka wrote a program to teach) TT in an iTec to all students. Can't TT myself sadly, didn't have enough time to sit in on the practice (30 minutes every morning).

Comment

Working...
                      X