• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Asperger’s syndrome...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
    Not that fast. Physically impossible to type as fast as you see on some shows/movies.

So you're the only one that managed to turn up to the computer studies touch typing class at uni.

They weren't daft, it was the only class early morning all week and the only one with no test towards the overall course result. The pound a pint and live music at the student union bar always won out the night before. I think I turned up once, to see how fit the lecturer was or wasn't. Can't remember, I think it was a she.
    Nothing beats Jonathan Pryce's typing as Elliot Carver in Tomorrow Never Dies.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      Isn't it usually just bad/lazy parenting?
      Sometimes it might be but not always. Mini MUN is heavily on the spectrum and there are noticeable differences between her and and other children. However, there are differences between all children and we do not let it get in the way. We make some allowances for her in terms of coping strategies but we do not tolerate bad behaviour.
      "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

People also don't seem to know the difference between ADHD and when they've simply got a naughty kid on their hands, can't be bothered and want to pass the blame on.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          Austism Spectrum Disorders are all made up bollocks dontchaknow.
          Except for your son....

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
            People also don't seem to know the difference between ADHD and when they've simply got a naughty kid on their hands, can't be bothered and want to pass the blame on.
            Especially teachers. If a SN diagnosis is made, they get extra funding.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              Austism Spectrum Disorders are all made up bollocks dontchaknow.
              I hope this is a wind up....
              Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                Just because a child throws a tantrum it really really does not mean they have any form of 'thing'.

At the age of 3 a child is trying to make their imprint on the world - they learn very quickly what does and does not work when trying to get their own way.

Pandering to that or trying to find an 'excuse or reason' is a really stupid idea.

My kids had tantrums - they have not been defined as on the spectrum.
                Glad to hear you're kids are fine. Does'nt mean it doesn't exist.

BTW - theres a bit more to than "having a tantrum". Suggest you read up about it.
                Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                  I hope this is a wind up....
                  Yes. He used to believe it. Until his kid was diagnosed!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                    Glad to hear you're kids are fine. Does'nt mean it doesn't exist.

BTW - theres a bit more to than "having a tantrum". Suggest you read up about it.
                    Original PM was answering a poster who stated he thought a child was on the autistic spectrum.

As the child hasn't been diagnosed by a professional you can't just say the kid has that particular condition, as lots of people particularly children have traits of conditions but are actually showing "normal" behaviour e.g. a 3 year old throwing tantrums because they haven't been set boundaries or have hearing/eye sight problems is normal.

I have relations and close friends' whose work involves working in clinical environments that include diagnosing children with various disorders, and when 2 of them started we use to joke that about people including ourselves were showing x traits. Even now when they are joking they say one of their children is showing x traits. There is nothing wrong with their children in that regard.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      Yes. He used to believe it. Until his kid was diagnosed!
                      WHS

Where in the case of Brillopads kids, it's just bad parenting coinciding with multiple broken homes & divorces.
                      What happens in General, stays in General.
                      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                      X