• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The accidental PM

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    When you say, "I made this", what do you normally make?

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      Well I'm equally glad I don't have people like you as developers weighing down my team, so consider the compliment returned.

It's not an unpleasant role, just unfamiliar not to have a tangible product "I made this". When I did it before to a lesser degree with the same client, I was lead dev/architect/technical PM so if people were not performing (or I didn't tell them what to do properly) I had the last resort to jump in and get my hands dirty but it was a very small team. Probably that is my preferred position - doing some coding, designing larger parts of the system and delegating implementation to a few people while still being in touch with the "bare metal". But then I'm someone who actually enjoys coding... I'm one of the nerds who'd rather be locked away in a basement
      Thanks, intellectually we are so far apart there would scant chance of a total thicko like yourself and me getting on.

I didn't realise I was going to be the PM when hired!

As an aside, clearly you consider yourself bullet proof when it comes to IR35?

Is that because you don't think HMRC will be able to find you in your basement
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Anyone else made this transition and have any tips or anecdotes?!

Comment

Working...
        X