• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just bought some £244.05 worth of Christmas presents

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Report your card lost/stolen to the bank. Transaction blocked

They might not be right happy if they found out you'd fecked them over though.

PS - less than £250 quid? You must have a right munter for a housekeeper if that's all you're spending.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
      Report your card lost/stolen to the bank. Transaction blocked

They might not be right happy if they found out you'd fecked them over though.

PS - less than £250 quid? You must have a right munter for a housekeeper if that's all you're spending.
      That £250 is not for all Christmas presents, just for some.

Comment

Originally posted by sbakoola View Post
        yeah I bought from a UK online company (I've used them before). The order screen was showing that Royal Mail Airsure was £999 but I'm sure that I selected the Parcel Force option for £22.05 below it. Shipping is from UK to France. There was an option for around £11.40 below that one. I managed to get a screenshot of the order screen hitting the back button on the web browser.

They don't send order confirmation emails which is a bit suspect. The only order details are on the Paypal UK order screen, can't cancel it from there as it's showing 'completed' even though RBS don't know anything about the pending order even.
        UK to France? That's normal Brexit delivery fee now

Comment

You should get refund through Paypal

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            yeah to get a refund via Paypal it's through their disputes process which can start 7 days after the transaction was initiated. Quite surprised that they can't just cancel the transaction as soon as it was made almost, though.

Reading their policies, the online seller seems to be quite reasonable with returns etc even when dispatched.

I'm not very impressed with Paypal though, they can't send out immediate transaction cancellations for monies and RBS cannot cancel incoming pending transactions. What happens if a tiller girl at Tescos decides to charge you £500 extra for nothing and then you lose the receipt on the way home to complain ?

Comment

If dispute not resolved it escalates to what is pretty much chargeback in which seller usually loses - most certainly if goods are returned, it's clearly an error or scam that can get their account closed

Comment

Recently bought stuff from gamesparadise for Oz family without having read the reviews.

True to form, there was no communication. I chased. Nothing. I requested a refund. Nothing. Threatened chargeback, and got refund within a week. I lost a couple of quid on exchange rates, but at least sis and family will get their Dr Who themed Yahtzee.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post

AYCOTBAC?

The amount you are talking there only amounts to a fair (school) night out.

A force 2, "batten down the hatches situation".
                  NLyUK charges you that much??

You need to select her "Frequent Cryer" discount.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    Don't hold your breath, they are terrible at disputes, especially if you actually receive the goods. And never use a debit card, you get no protection except at the discretion of your bank, whereas a credit card has consumer protection enshrined in law.
                    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Alternatively, phone them this morning and resolve the issue.

FFS

Comment

Working...
                      X