• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just bought some £244.05 worth of Christmas presents

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just bought some £244.05 worth of Christmas presents

Just bought some £244.05 worth of Christmas presents being 244 items from Poundland and a 5p bag.
    The bag split open; what can I do? Can I get a refund?
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

You really should have paid for delivery.

Next time spend the 5p on a session with NLyUK.

Comment

The final part of The Wife's (tm) Christmas present is being ordered today. Free delivery and comes with several bags. Unfortunately it won't arrive until near my birthday. I thought the delay was due to it coming from Das Scooterville, but it turns out it's coming from Spain.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        The final part of The Wife's (tm) Christmas present is being ordered today. Free delivery and comes with several bags. Unfortunately it won't arrive until near my birthday. I thought the delay was due to it coming from Das Scooterville, but it turns out it's coming from Spain.
        A new hoover?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          You really should have paid for delivery.

Next time spend the 5p on a session with NLyUK.
          and tell her to keep the change...
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
            A new hoover?
            Hoover?

No, we support British tax paying companies, so our cleaners use Henry.

But no, in this case it's air bags.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Hoover?

British tax paying cleaners?

A real contractor would have bought the whole car...
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Hoover?

Bulgarian air bags? You treated yourself Mrs WTFH to a little silicon boost?
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Hoover?

Use Henry for what, exactly?
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                    Just bought some £244.05 worth of Christmas presents being 244 items from Poundland and a 5p bag.
                    The bag split open; what can I do? Can I get a refund?
                    you know when they charge you 5p for a bag at supermarkets etc- why can't you insist on a paper bag instead, recyclable and so wouldn't be subject to a 5p levy
                    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
                    X