• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Capital Gains Tax

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wonder if it's possible to get payment for the properties in Bitcoin, obviously a risk in the exchange rate, but hard for HMRC to track and therefore tax
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
      Wonder if it's possible to get payment for the properties in Bitcoin, obviously a risk in the exchange rate, but hard for HMRC to track and therefore tax
      Blockchain is public permanently, very easy to track.

Comment

Im facing the prospect of having to pay CGT upon the sale of my family home which my sister has had the pleasure of living in with her hubby, because I vacated when they got married two years ago. Because I haven't been living there and opted to rent and didn't wish to put up with newly married "noises".

Now that's a proper ring stinger - those dumping BTL's they have profited off the back of - at least you profited in the first place!

Comment

The sound of rows with smashing dishes, and occasional stabbing?

Comment

Originally posted by mattfx View Post
            Im facing the prospect of having to pay CGT upon the sale of my family home which my sister has had the pleasure of living in with her hubby, because I vacated when they got married two years ago. Because I haven't been living there and opted to rent and didn't wish to put up with newly married "noises".

Now that's a proper ring stinger - those dumping BTL's they have profited off the back of - at least you profited in the first place!
            No you idiot....

You flip your home and then sell it just like all those MP's that were permitted to do so.

Comment

Working...
            X