• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Monday Links from the Coronary Care Unit vol. CDXIV

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    I suspect warning#2 might mean it's time to ditch the Greggs based diet.

Switch to red wine - good for the heart.
    Boeuf bourguignon in a flaky pastry shell… you might be on to something there

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Boeuf bourguignon in a flaky pastry shell… you might be on to something there
      like an EU beef wellington?
      could be done with a big reduction on the sauce before baking.
      bugger, - hungry now

Comment

I'd rather it didn't happen again, but who knows?

This one is apparently "non-STEMI" which is, I believe, a good thing - not good in itself, but better than one that is STEMI like the last one.

And given that last time they had me straight in and sorted out within thirty minutes of arriving at the hospital, whereas this time they've left me all day (and now until tomorrow at the earliest), I'm assuming it definitely isn't as bad
        Always a good sign, for my suspected heart attack I realised it wasn't that serious after 8 hours of them only taking observations and when I finally got offered a cup of tea.

It turned out I only had blood pressure that could inflate a tyre. Lucky escape. If only I were only 12 stone that would be nice.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          Always a good sign, for my suspected heart attack I realised it wasn't that serious after 8 hours of them only taking observations and when I finally got offered a cup of tea.

It turned out I only had blood pressure that could inflate a tyre. Lucky escape. If only I were only 12 stone that would be nice.
          aye, i've suddenly goat a sore knee

Comment

Had a good run of seven years and about two days, but another heart attack apparently struck on Thursday. In my usual observant manner, I didn't find out until Sunday, when I went to the hospital complaining of shortness of breath and they told me what was going on So this lot comes from the ward where I'm waiting for an angiogram, after which they'll hopefully let me get home
            Get well soon, and look after yourself!
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
              See if they can upgrade you to an artificial heart. Surely covered in one of your previous links.
              BBC must have been reading CUK yesterday.

What will medicine be able to do with hearts? - BBC News
              Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Hope you're better soon NF.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                X