• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is it too early for...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it too early for...

Henriot fizz?

Easy walk through First security and into the lounge, might go out to the shops later to get The Wife (tm) another Christmas present.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Sun's past the yard arm - good to go.

Comment

20 minutes and the taxi arrives.

I'll chat to Dave in security then Claire at the lounge followed by Susan at the gate (assuming she's on late's rather than early's this week). Yep the airport is that small that I'm on first name terms with half the staff..

Then an hour to kill in Schipol so I'll get a glass or 2 of champagne there.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        20 minutes and the taxi arrives.

I'll chat to Dave in security then Claire at the lounge followed by Susan at the gate (assuming she's on late's rather than early's this week). Yep the airport is that small that I'm on first name terms with half the staff..

Then an hour to kill in Schipol so I'll get a glass or 2 of champagne there.
        I remember it being like that at the Air France desk in Gatwick - one of 3 people on check-in, and after 18 months of flying to Strasbourg for my contract, it was more about chatting than anything else.

...anyway, must go now, permie member of staff is about to experience a lounge for the first time, care of me.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Is it too early for...

Henriot fizz?

Easy walk through First security and into the lounge, might go out to the shops later to get The Wife (tm) another Christmas present.
          As long as you are open 24/7 you will have no problems.

Yard arms are for quitters
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Upgraded

Comment

Upgraded
              Great! More room to spread your wings....

Comment

Upgraded
                I suspect you are going to be disappointed.

In other news this plane has done a 25 minute turnaround giving me time for a beer and Diet Coke prior to boarding

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  I suspect you are going to be disappointed.

In other news this plane has done a 25 minute turnaround giving me time for a beer and Diet Coke prior to boarding
                  Well, it meant a meal (that I didn’t need) and some wine

Comment

Well, it meant a meal (that I didn’t need) and some wine
                    It’s not worth it - my account is flagged to not offer it as others appreciate it more - I know my colleagues do on the Wednesday returns. I’m happier with my regular 4c / d

Comment

Working...
                    X