Professional working day - hang on now agency! Professional working day - hang on now agency!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 32
  1. #1

    Ddraig Goch

    psychocandy - scorchio!


    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Cymru
    Posts
    10,125

    Default Professional working day - hang on now agency!

    Just called me. Bearing in mind I've been at client 8 months anyway.....

    Says purchasing people want to know how many hours a day. So I tell him - umm its PWD so why does it matter, I get paid the same either way per day.

    So he says he needs to know. So I say well whatever, same as permies pretty much 7.5/8 per day although I adhoc cover certain hours so dont worry about it.

    Find out now he told the purchasing fella to put 8 hours per day!

    Should have known he'd err on the side of the most hours. Mistake by me.... Be warned about commiting to hours on PWD!!!!

    Reminds me of time when I was a fresh contractor and got my first gig. Asked agent working hours - told me the permies got in at 8am and went home at 6pm. So I turn up thinking wow this is going to be hard work and the hours thing was total bollacks. Got to remember its no skin off agents nose if you work 12 hours a day, they make the same margin and they've got a happy client whos getting a bargain.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

  2. #2

    Froglike

    Pondlife - scorchio!

    Pondlife's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Euroland
    Posts
    13,627

    Default

    When they make a film of your life, and they will, I want the agent to be played by Anthony Hopkins for this part of the story.

  3. #3

    Fingers like lightning

    mattfx is NOT a disguised employee


    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    669

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by psychocandy View Post
    Just called me. Bearing in mind I've been at client 8 months anyway.....

    Says purchasing people want to know how many hours a day. So I tell him - umm its PWD so why does it matter, I get paid the same either way per day.

    So he says he needs to know. So I say well whatever, same as permies pretty much 7.5/8 per day although I adhoc cover certain hours so dont worry about it.

    Find out now he told the purchasing fella to put 8 hours per day!

    Should have known he'd err on the side of the most hours. Mistake by me.... Be warned about commiting to hours on PWD!!!!

    Reminds me of time when I was a fresh contractor and got my first gig. Asked agent working hours - told me the permies got in at 8am and went home at 6pm. So I turn up thinking wow this is going to be hard work and the hours thing was total bollacks. Got to remember its no skin off agents nose if you work 12 hours a day, they make the same margin and they've got a happy client whos getting a bargain.
    So now you're doing 8 hour days AND inside? ouch.

  4. #4

    Ddraig Goch

    psychocandy - scorchio!


    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Cymru
    Posts
    10,125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pondlife View Post
    When they make a film of your life, and they will, I want the agent to be played by Anthony Hopkins for this part of the story.
    Whos going to play me? Tom Cruise?
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

  5. #5

    Ddraig Goch

    psychocandy - scorchio!


    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Cymru
    Posts
    10,125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mattfx View Post
    So now you're doing 8 hour days AND inside? ouch.
    Am I bollax!!!
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

  6. #6

    My post count is Majestic

    northernladuk is always on top

    northernladuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    40,162

    Default

    General please.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

  7. #7

    Double Godlike!

    stek - scorchio!

    stek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    East of Eden
    Posts
    11,501

    Default

    pwd is print working directory.....

    My contract says 8 hrs a day, higher ups on site are telling me to put 7 hrs a day in the client time booking system because it looks to them like I'm claiming an hour a day overtime, but I just make sure I'm first in and last out, nowt much else to do around here.

  8. #8

    Godlike

    Mordac is a fount of knowledge

    Mordac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Civilisation-ish
    Posts
    8,625

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by psychocandy View Post
    Whos going to play me? Tom Cruise?
    You whine like a girlie, so perhaps it should be Penelope Cruz...
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

  9. #9

    My post count is Majestic

    northernladuk is always on top

    northernladuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    40,162

    Default

    You are a BAU monkey working inside IR35 at a public sector client. PWD doesn't exist.

    But feel free to moan about something that's totally irrelevant.Makes you look dead professional it does.
    Last edited by northernladuk; 5th December 2017 at 17:11.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

  10. #10

    Godlike

    jamesbrown is a fount of knowledge

    jamesbrown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    7,184

    Default

    Here's a hat to match your shiny new uniform.


Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •