• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Storm Caroline to hit Scotland followed by snow for wider UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Storm Caroline to hit Scotland followed by snow for wider UK

"Southerners: Baton down the hatches, cancel all trains and stock up with bread and milk.

Northerners: You'll need your big coat."

- so true

The UK's next named storm has been forecast to hit Scotland on Thursday.
    Storm Caroline is expected to see winds gusting to 80mph near north-facing coasts, and reaching speeds of 60 to 70mph more widely in northern and north east Scotland.
    The Met Office warned that the conditions could disrupt travel.
    Snow and freezing temperatures have been forecast for Scotland, England, Northern Ireland and Wales on Friday and Saturday in the wake of Caroline.
    The two previous named storms were Aileen in September and Brian in October.
    A yellow "be aware" warning is in place for Scotland between 08:00 and 23:55 on Thursday.
    Yellow warnings have also been issued by the Met Office for 00:05 Friday to 18:00 Saturday.

source: Storm Caroline to hit Scotland followed by snow for wider UK - BBC News
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Well least all your Northerners can stay at home when the storm hits? Home working? Nah! It’s cause your’e all down let unemployed scum.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Feck. My flight better not get cancelled

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        Feck. My flight better not get cancelled
        Why do you still keep this sockie tulip up LM? Can you feck off?
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          Why do you still keep this sockie tulip up LM? Can you feck off?

Comment

Should make the drive down from Edinburgh a little more interesting on Thursday night
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
              Should make the drive down from Edinburgh a little more interesting on Thursday night
              Used to be a lovely drive - which way do you go? For Manchester, I varied between through Biggar, down the A7 or through the hills to Moffat. Obviously if you're down t'Yorkshire then A1's a no-brainer.
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                "Southerners: Baton down the hatches, cancel all trains and stock up with bread and milk.

Northerners: You'll need your big coat."

- so true

source: Storm Caroline to hit Scotland followed by snow for wider UK - BBC News
                Geordies, you might want to put your T-shirt on.
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Its already damn cold and on top of that a storm

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                    Used to be a lovely drive - which way do you go? For Manchester, I varied between through Biggar, down the A7 or through the hills to Moffat. Obviously if you're down t'Yorkshire then A1's a no-brainer.
                    I tend to do the 702. Did the bit through Moffat once and it takes too long. The road out through Biggar is ok if you can get a good run. It's a nightmare if you are stuck behind something slow and people who won't overtake stuff!
                    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                    X