• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sit stand motorised desk

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
    Or a glass one....

****-you, stop topping me with your incredibly fine joke pictures.

Comment

I went with the ikea Bekant desk - £500 incl VAT (obviously claiming the VAT back so not such a big deal). Actually really good quality, 10 years warranty and very sturdy. Do recommend it.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
        I went with the ikea Bekant desk - £500 incl VAT (obviously claiming the VAT back so not such a big deal). Actually really good quality, 10 years warranty and very sturdy. Do recommend it.
        If I could vote down your post I would.

Someone takes a bit of time to answer your post, with some informative information and personal first hand experience. No like or thanks or reputation given.

But you can change that, vote for me in the CUK personality of the year. Cause am less tulip than the rest.
        Last edited by woohoo; 7 December 2017, 18:07.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
          If I could vote down your post I would.

Someone takes a bit of time to answer your post, with some informative information and personal first hand experience. No like or thanks or reputation given.

But you can change that, vote for me in the CUK personality of the year. Cause am less tulip than the rest.
          Yet he followed my advice....
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
            Cause am less tulip than the rest.
            you sad, benighted fool

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              Yet he followed my advice....
              Well he sounds a bit of sheep tbh. Ikea the safe bet, cheap crap, rather than a quality desk from a british company. Who incidentally respond to your comments and questions on twitter straightaway. Good luck with Ikea getting back to you when your desk is stuck and cause it's Ikea it's gonna get stuck.

Ikea meatballs suck to.

But you can all make this right by voting for me, remember I'm not as tulipe as you, so vote for me.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
                Cheapskate.
                The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Standing desks 'increase pain' and slow down mental ability, study suggests | The Telegraph

Standing desks increase bodily pain and slow down people’s cognitive functions at work, new research suggests.

Experts have warned that despite the “feverish” trend towards adopting the adjustable desks, there is little solid evidence to support their use, as well as concerns they may do more harm than good.

The devices are becoming increasingly commonplace as awareness improves regarding the dangers of sedentary living - most office workers spend more than 80 per cent of the time sitting - and they are also popular with people suffering from back pain.

But the new study, published in the journal Ergonomics, has linked prolonged use of standing desks with lower limb discomfort and deteriorating mental reactiveness.

Comment

I'm increasingly of the opinion that the only way to work is on a sunlounger sipping a piña colada.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                      I'm increasingly of the opinion that the only way to work is on a sunlounger sipping a piña colada.
                      erm, - that's retirement, letting your investments do the work

Comment

Working...
                      X