• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Snowflake tears... each one is unique

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snowflake tears... each one is unique

Last edited by meridian; 7 December 2017, 21:56.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      I think you will find more important things like traumatic events, uncontrolled hormones and a lack of reality are more of an issue than calling them snowflakes. I can assure you between 16 & 24 I and a few others went through quite a bit of unpleasantness. Being called names was not really high on my problem list.

Do carry on with the virtue signalling. You really care about the snowflakes.
      This thread of yours is virtue signalling 1.0.

Comment

I think all children should be required to leave home after education and support themselves. This should be supported by the State, the long term payoffs would far outweigh the initial cost.

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
          I think all children should be required to leave home after education and support themselves. This should be supported by the State, the long term payoffs would far outweigh the initial cost.
          Eh?
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I raise independents not dependents.

However, I am amazed by how hard the kids work at secondary school. Maybe it is just the twins's school - one of the top 30 comprehensives in the country.

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
              is that an iron cross on the right??? I think that says everything about old fogies throwing the term "snowflake" around

Comment

Originally posted by tiggat View Post
                is that an iron cross on the right??? I think that says everything about old fogies throwing the term "snowflake" around
                Very inconsistent capitalisation in the signage.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                  This thread of yours is virtue signalling 1.0.
                  hmm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtue_signalling

I think more

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm

or

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Annoyance

But I will let you off.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by tiggat View Post
                    Showing your ignorance, is the symbol of St Johns Ambulance.

Our heritage and museum

yes they are quite an old organisation founded during the Crusades, changed to their new format late in the 19th century.

https://www.sja.ca/English/St-John-I...l-History.aspx

surprised you haven't heard of them. They are of course older than the more recent Red cross a mere baby in comparison.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

No. This is what you are up to.

Virtue signalling is the conspicuous expression of moral values done primarily with the intent of enhancing standing within a social group

Comment

Working...
                      X