• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Snowmageddon declared as 5 snowflakes close Terminal 5

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lance View Post
    One presumes that airports have to compensate airlines to some degree if they can't fly. There must be some service levels.
    "Weather" would come under "act of god" - the airport would claim it cannot control the weather and so would not have to compensate, at a guess.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      "Weather" would come under "act of god" - the airport would claim it cannot control the weather and so would not have to compensate, at a guess.
      not much of a market then. Maybe this is why USA does flying better. I'm sure if an airport over there did that the airline would just use another one.
      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Correct.

Feb 2015 I got stuck abroad after bird strike. This year EU ruled that bird strike is an act of god. So no compensation.

Not that I wanted compensation. I just wanted them to send a rescue flight instead of leaving us stranded for days.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Feb 2015 I got stuck abroad after bird strike.
          Yes, ever since Corbyn has been running the country the birds have had their own union.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            There will be very few delayed flights into the UK after Korbyn gets in.
            It could change aviation from what we currently know of it.

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by tarbera View Post
              Snowmageddon declared as 5 snowflakes close Terminal 5
              Students protesting again?
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                ...Air traffic control have ensured it is the minimum they can get away with
                That's right. They feel that if the pressure on them isn't high enough, it just isn't fun. Or this a more reasonable explanation?

This is due to the airports being run by businesses who need to report maximum profits and who know that when things grind to a halt it's the airlines that have to compensate passengers, not the airports.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Feb 2015 I got stuck abroad after bird strike.
                  But you weren't even at the airport yet....

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
                    But you weren't even at the airport yet....

Comment

Correct.

Feb 2015 I got stuck abroad after bird strike. This year EU ruled that bird strike is an act of god. So no compensation.

Not that I wanted compensation. I just wanted them to send a rescue flight instead of leaving us stranded for days.....
                      cost us a fortune to arrange that for a few days of peace & quiet but your exes put quite a few quid in!
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X