• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What happened to Global Warming?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happened to Global Warming?

I seem to remember a prediction in year 2000 that the UK will not have snow after 2010 and a BBC program about the UK having a Mediterranean climate by 2012
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    I seem to remember a prediction in year 2000 that the UK will not have snow after 2010 and a BBC program about the UK having a Mediterranean climate by 2012
    We must be doing something right then, erm i think?

Last edited by woohoo; 11 December 2017, 21:41.

Comment

Maybe the solar minimum will be grand at stopping global warming if we get a mini ice age.
      Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

It's back: https://www.theguardian.com/politics...on-tory-agenda although I thought Tories didn't believe in it
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Not in any scientific publication. Globally, the years 2014-16 were the warmest on record, 2017 will be of a similar magnitude if not actually record-breaking.

GW is gradual, and small in magnitude compared to the daily and annual climate cycles, we won't be growing palms and olives in Derbyshire for a few decades, but it's coming.
          Last edited by pjclarke; 12 December 2017, 09:10.
          My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
            It's back: https://www.theguardian.com/politics...on-tory-agenda although I thought Tories didn't believe in it
            It can be useful when raising taxes, y'know, "blame the environmentals" etc...
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
              Maybe you could show us those predictions.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                Maybe you could show us those predictions.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
                  Maybe the solar minimum will be grand at stopping global warming if we get a mini ice age.
                  Monday morning train went past a solar farm. Lovely and bright. But panels covered in ice.

Comment

Here in Germany I can watch the weather forecasts from 20 years ago as they screen the news on a daily basis from that time. The fascinating thing is how identical the weather forecasts are in 1997 to 2017, even the temperatures are identical. The winters that are supposed to becoming later seem to be pretty punctual. Lets see how they are in another 20 years I dare say that you won't notice any differences.
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                    X