• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Man flu is real!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PhiltheGreek View Post
    I gave them it good. And the other lot. Didn't see you there though. Maybe you were in the jungle somewhere.
    The last thing I wanted was to slow the march to victory down with my asthma.

Comment

Its real or there is something nasty going a round this year, I haven't had cold in years, but have been ill now for nearly 3 weeks rolling into the 4th now, 2 weeks with a bad cold that exhausted me that then became in a sinus infection from week 3, felt like I had two plugs up my nose and in my ears, had been smashed in the face with have a hammer and I had tooth ache in all my top right teeth. Its taken week of antibiotics and steroid nasal spray to start bringing it under control, nasty, nasty ..... on flip side I have totally stopped smoking and will keep this up and lost nearly a stone in weight.

Comment

Originally posted by BoggyMcCBoggyFace View Post
        Its real or there is something nasty going a round this year, I haven't had cold in years, but have been ill now for nearly 3 weeks rolling into the 4th now, 2 weeks with a bad cold that exhausted me that then became in a sinus infection from week 3, felt like I had two plugs up my nose and in my ears, had been smashed in the face with have a hammer and I had tooth ache in all my top right teeth. Its taken week of antibiotics and steroid nasal spray to start bringing it under control, nasty, nasty ..... on flip side I have totally stopped smoking and will keep this up and lost nearly a stone in weight.
        Sounds like your misses wasn't making you enough lemsips. In future, show her this vital research and make sure she looks after you. This could have been dealt with in 3 days not 4 weeks if your misses had been "educated".

Comment

One thing can lead to another.

I was battered by something very similar a few months ago, led to lock jaw and all sorts (luckily I could still type my venom on here)
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
            Sounds like your misses wasn't making you enough lemsips. In future, show her this vital research and make sure she looks after you. This could have been dealt with in 3 days not 4 weeks if your misses had been "educated".
            Hahaha she wants very sympathetic but pay back is she is coming down with it now, , will see how she copes this could be a proper experiment sort of.

Comment

Hahaha she wants very sympathetic but pay back is she is coming down with it now, , will see how she copes this could be a proper experiment sort of.
              hah, email your results to Dr Sue ( thats his real name).

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post

I was battered by something very similar a few months ago, led to lock jaw and all sorts (luckily I could still type my venom on here)
                Are you sure that wasn't when you booked NLyUK and her friend 'Peggy' Sue for an overnight session?

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                  Totally agree.

If he's laid up in bed and not bringing home any bacon, she shouldn't cut off her nose to spite her face.

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post

Yeah that's what my doc said, probably blowing my nose too much and too much decongestant which can create a rebound effect (make you more congested then you were in first place), it takes a lot to put me out, I was too sick to do anything but stand-up, my face / head just hurt too much. At least its before xmas and hopefully out of the way

Comment

Originally posted by PhiltheGreek View Post
                      Are you sure that wasn't when you booked NLyUK and her friend 'Peggy' Sue for an overnight session?
                      They told me they cancelled due to a visit to the clinic.

I bet MM offered more than the 5p I offered....

Comment

Working...
                      X