• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who's going to drive us to Hinterglem

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    It’s all Maserati, although the gearbox is a ZF-8HP, so pretty much the same as in BMW/Audi/Bentley/Alfa/etc.
    thanks,

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      It’s all Maserati, although the gearbox is a ZF-8HP, so pretty much the same as in BMW/Audi/Bentley/Alfa/etc.
      Maserati is mostly Chrysler bits now, i have the Ferrari F1 duo select in my QP V, the engine is the Ferrari F430, no idea what motors they put in them niw but a lot are diesels...

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
        Maserati is mostly Chrysler bits now, i have the Ferrari F1 duo select in my QP V, the engine is the Ferrari F430, no idea what motors they put in them niw but a lot are diesels...
        good morning Stek,

I always liked the QP, especially the generation which came out around 2004 and evolved into what we have today

beautiful grand tourer

I'd love one, but as a family we're so used to the higher ride height of an SUV that when I ask my Mrs and children if the next car should be a limousine the answer is a unanimous no. I like the latest generation S Class, but would be equally happy with a QP.

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Black View Post
          You'd be surprised how well a RWD car with the right tyres and a modicum of driver talent can go in winter conditions
          Oh Dear...
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

The QPV DS i have has the engine sat well back in the engine bay with the clutch and gearbox ahead of the rear ae for near 50:50 weight distrubution. When they stuck thd ZF at the front too on the QP Automatica and claimed 50:50 on that setup too i thought simething wasnt quite right.

I have 285 Pirelli P-zeros on the back and 265’s on the front and i find it a bit floaty up front on the motorway. Pirellis are pants though.

Comment

Alfa Stelvio is probably the choice you are looking for - when it comes out in the quadrifoglio guise anyway.

Comment

Working...
              X