• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Peter Kay cancels entire 2018 tour

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next stop celebrity death thread?

https://www.ok.co.uk/celebrity-news/...-ticket-resale

So briliant, for those who bought tickets and resold them to someone else, you'll get a refund from the original seller, while the person who bought is fecked. So double bubble for the touts then. Result.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Hmmm. The tout still has a legal obligation. Best of luck tracking them down though. And if bought on eBay, with a credit card there is still recourse. Bad journalism that.
      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Booked it, cancelled it, fooked off

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
          Hmmm. The tout still has a legal obligation. Best of luck tracking them down though. And if bought on eBay, with a credit card there is still recourse. Bad journalism that.
          Depends on your point of view - more clicks, therefore "good" journalism. Sensationalism = clicks these days, feck the truth getting in the way of a good story.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
            Depends on your point of view - more clicks, therefore "good" journalism. Sensationalism = clicks these days, feck the truth getting in the way of a good story.
            How about we agree that it’s bad but potentially profitable journalism?

Good journalism is the ‘4th estate role’ that holds superior powers to account. When journalism fails to do that we have a problem. There is no ‘5th estate’.

So I stand by my ‘bad’ description but take your point.
            See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
              And 2019 as well. And anything else too.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                How about we agree that it’s bad but potentially profitable journalism?

Good journalism is the ‘4th estate role’ that holds superior powers to account. When journalism fails to do that we have a problem. There is no ‘5th estate’.

So I stand by my ‘bad’ description but take your point.
                Fine by me - it's the Obiwan Kenobi "certain point of view" stance.

I do agree that good journalism should be doing the same as a good opposition party and keeping the government of the day on its toes.
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                  Fine by me - it's the Obiwan Kenobi "certain point of view" stance.

I do agree that good journalism should be doing the same as a good opposition party and keeping the government of the day on its toes.

Such an overrated "comedian"

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    https://www.ok.co.uk/celebrity-news/...-ticket-resale

So briliant, for those who bought tickets and resold them to someone else, you'll get a refund from the original seller, while the person who bought is fecked. So double bubble for the touts then. Result.
                    Touts. Bunch of C U Next Tuesday's that would be the first against the wall if there was any justice.

How hard is it really, to put in legislation to prevent tickets being sold on at more than face value? Every fecking time I want to buy tickets to a concert I'm on Ticketmaster on the morning they go on sale to find they're sold out, and then lo and behold there's dozens of tickets available on Stubhub the very same afternoon at multiple times the price.

Comment

Working...
                    X