• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

shaunbhoy is That You?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shaunbhoy is That You?

A surgeon has pleaded guilty to marking his initials on the livers of two patients while performing transplant surgery.

In a hearing at Birmingham crown court on Wednesday, Simon Bramhall admitted two counts of assault by beating relating to incidents on 9 February and 21 August 2013. He pleaded not guilty to the more serious charges of assault occasioning actual bodily harm.
    The 53-year-old was first suspended from his post as a consultant surgeon at Birmingham’s Queen Elizabeth hospital in 2013 after a colleague spotted the initials “SB” on an organ during follow-up surgery on one of Bramhall’s patients.
    https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...f-two-patients

The Chunt of Chunts.

Nah! I put a Shamrock on the livers of MY patients!!

Unless they are a complete twunt, then I put "sasguru".
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

PC gone mad.

Following reports of Bramhall’s suspension, his former patient Tracy Scriven told the Birmingham Mail that the surgeon should be immediately reinstated. “Even if he did put his initials on a transplanted liver, is it really that bad? I wouldn’t have cared if he did it to me. The man saved my life,” she said.

This country needs all the surgeons it can get....

Comment

You can always rely on the Guardian.

It wasn't his fault, no harm done, didn't mean it, pressures of work, big fuss about nothing

If I understand the details of the case correctly, there is no suggestion that marking the liver in this way caused any damage to its function, so the effect was – so to speak – purely artistic.

It is easy to become a little disinhibited when operating – the stress, intense concentration and excitement, and then the relief and sense of achievement if all has gone well, can lead to behaviour that, in the cold light of a courtroom or the gleeful unfrocking of the tabloid pages, appears crass and inappropriate.

It is not easy to be a doctor in the modern NHS – understaffed, over-managed, and under-resourced.
        https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ers-law-courts
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
        X