• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Star Wars Day - anyone else going to first available screening?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Star Wars Day - anyone else going to first available screening?

Just checked the local cinema and the first screening at 2pm still has most seats available. A bit surprising, not been to the cinema since Force Awakens two years ago and I'm sure it was booked up.

Maybe the two multiplexes in the city not far far away has drawn all the students and workshy away from the one in town that is a much more modest affair.

Decided to have the afternoon off and go and see it before any major spoilers appear online.

Benefits of working from home and having no meetings booked. I'll inform the client I am now unavailable this afternoon when I go online after breakfast.

Hope The Last Jedi is worth the bum numbing two and half hour run time, plus the inevitable 20 minutes of adverts beforehand. I expect there will be no intermission like in the good old days.
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Apparently it's a musical...
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
      Apparently it's a musical...
      Will be getting a taxi down so I can have a couple of beers in the 'executive lounge' then. I'm great at karaoke when too pissed to know the words.
      Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Not yet...

will go as soon as I can persuade the kids they also want to go...

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
          Just checked the local cinema and the first screening at 2pm still has most seats available. A bit surprising, not been to the cinema since Force Awakens two years ago and I'm sure it was booked up.

Maybe the two multiplexes in the city not far far away has drawn all the students and workshy away from the one in town that is a much more modest affair.

Decided to have the afternoon off and go and see it before any major spoilers appear online.

Benefits of working from home and having no meetings booked. I'll inform the client I am now unavailable this afternoon when I go online after breakfast.

Hope The Last Jedi is worth the bum numbing two and half hour run time, plus the inevitable 20 minutes of adverts beforehand. I expect there will be no intermission like in the good old days.
          Saw it as a midnight showing last night, double feature with The Force Awakens.

Excellent film with some of the best scenery chewing acting I've seen for a long time
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
            Saw it as a midnight showing last night, double feature with The Force Awakens.

Excellent film with some of the best scenery chewing acting I've seen for a long time

Can't be any worse than Wentworth Miller's performance as Mr Freeze on Legends of Tomorrow.

I'm sure he wasn't like that in Prison Break. Though neither was his bro, Dominic Purcell, who also stars in the show as Heat Wave, with a bottle of beer permanently in his hand. I suppose they have to ham it up so the superhero costumes don't look so out of place.

Have informed the client, by booking out this afternoon in Outlook. If anyone asks, it's been in there for weeks.

Comment

I hate over-hyped movies.

Has the UK got nothing better to do?

Comment

Nope, I'm seeing it on the 23rd at the Science Museum 70mm IMAX like I did last year

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  I hate over-hyped movies.

Has the UK got nothing better to do?

I don't think this one has been as hyped as the previous one. Maybe that's why the showings are barely half full today, many don't release it's out yet as the official release date is tomorrow in the UK.

Though I expect most people watched Force Awakens as it was the first in 30 odd years to have the original trio, and like me came away wishing they'd made it a decade or so earlier when the actors weren't quite so geriatric.

So maybe not as 'must see' for this one. Hopefully that will make for a better movie as they can't just rely on the original trio hype and need a better more original story, like how many feel Empire Strikes Back is the best of the original trilogy.

Rogue One showed there's still legs in the franchise if they put the effort in.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post

Have informed the client, by booking out this afternoon in Outlook. If anyone asks, it's been in there for weeks.
                    It's nice that you think people will notice that you have gone.

Comment

Working...
                    X